WTS Energy Recent Job Recruitment – Apply Now!
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Civil Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job:
- To Lead the Civil aspect of preparatory works, and proactively ensure no gaps
- To lead in the review of Civil deliverables to ensure optimization of work and advice Engineering Manager of corrective actions to be implemented.
- Ensure that Civil deliverables comply with COMPANY specifications.
- To coordinate all interfaces with ECP, FO & HQ on Civil related activities. Advise possible optimization strategies where required.
- To lead in the review of Civil related matters of exhibit E, and other Civil aspects of the CFT and participate during CPY clarifications on these aspects
- To actively participate in SPOT 2 and PTR 2.
- Follow up of contractor’s activities and ensure compliance with Project specifications.
- Reports to Engineering Manager on progress of Civil activities.
- Review and approve all structural shop drawings in line with specification.
- Participate to the Hazid, Hazop, PTR, Audits, etc
- Participate in preliminary studies involved in the prepreratory works.
- Establish the basics of design of the works (Civil Engineering, Onshore Structures, Buildings) and the specific specifications;
- Analyze the technical choices proposed by Engineering contractor and ensure compliance with specification.
- Coordinate the various trades involved in Building Engineering to achieve optimized designs adapted to needs.
- Recommend Civil technical solutions to UBETA projects.
- Coordinate Civil interfaces with other disciplines/professions;
- Supervise preparation of PT slab systems, pocket formers, strands, dead and live and anchors, wedge grips, etc.
- Supervise setting out of bonded and unbonded post tension strands (Crital points to be monitored).
- Calculate volume of (concrete, shutter and other materials) for casting of structural members.
- Supervise surface preparation and block work setting out, laying and installation on site using pre-established control axes on ground.
- Participate in audits of the different project phases
- Supervise construction of Foundation and concrete Pipe Sleepers pedestal.
- Approve Request for Inspection (RFI) on every milestone of construction.
- Monitor concrete cubes for testing according to the testing requirements and industry codes.
- Reviews test reports and document all results/report
- Inspect and approve all earth works and concrete procedures.
- Review and approve all Civil drawings.
- Witness compressive strength and field density tests.
- Review and approve route survey or existing right of way to re-establish the beacon points.
- Lead all Civil aspect of the work
Required Qualifications and Background:
- Qualification: B Eng / B.Science / Engineering discipline
- Professional experience (number of years): 10
- Experience within project (number of years): 8
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online