Webmaster at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Webmaster
Summary of Position
- The Webmaster is responsible for the management of AUN’s web-based information. S/he coordinates the inputting of regular content into AUN’s websites gathered from a range of sources both within and outside the AUN community, implements the design of and manage the day-to-day maintenance of AUN’s websites and entire web presence, monitors web activities, and incorporate new technologies and enhancements into AUN websites and assists with general multimedia-related and communications-related tasks as may be periodically required.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Monitor the usage and traffic of the AUN website and provide regular reports on performance and traffic to the Head of University relations and the President.
- Assist in the formulation and enforcement of website policies and standards that, among other things, establish procedures to ensure the readiness, quality, and accuracy of the website content, and assist in educating members of the AUN community about policies and standards.
- Assess University Relations office practices and design and produce electronic forms and data management systems as well as enhanced mail merge and emailing systems to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Produce electronic newsletters and mailings, as well as manage AUNs mailing lists.
- Assist in the production of attractive and appealing electronic and printed documents, presentations, and reports.
- Manage all AUN web advertising and be responsible for the creation and deployment of banner and text link ads.
- Oversee AUN’s social networking initiatives in (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Flickr, and YouTube.
- Undertake other communications tasks as required by the Head of University Relations.
- Create new web pages and update existing web pages as necessary.
- Collaborate with departments and units in AUN (through the DWOs) to constantly update and renew web content, setting up systems/procedures to encourage timeliness, quality, and accuracy of web page information.
- Make sure that the AUN site works correctly and all links are active. Archive old web pages and ensure consistency in the level of content and look and feel across the website. Maintain an image database for use on the website.
- Oversee the training and technical support of Departmental Web Officers.
- Maintain custody of all hardware and software necessary for managing and operating the website.
- Develop and implement AUN’s web systems and infrastructure and serve as a point of contact for website development projects.
- Develop AUN’s website infrastructure, utilize applications to ensure good technical performance, and assess new technologies for applicability to AUN’s website.
- Use available technology to promote the AUN website and gather web-based statistical information for analysis.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a recognized tertiary institution in a relevant field, with three (3) years of experience.
- Ability to learn and support new technologies.
- Multitasking, competent at, or comfortable at least, with multimedia editing suites and software
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Certifications in MCSE, CCNA, and others are preferable.
- Excellent written language skills (non-negotiable)
- Advanced knowledge of university-supported applications.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications with ease.
- Possess very good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to project a positive image of the university at all times.
- Ability to run different projects and tasks simultaneously and efficiently
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as per AUN salary scale.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references on a single file to: firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng.