Web Developer / Graphic Designer at George Houston Resources Limited (GHR)
George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) is a Human Resource Development and Management Consulting firm. We assist organizations to achieve their corporate visions and objectives through integrated, strategic and solution-oriented HR consulting services using best-practice methodologies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer / Graphic Designer
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for a skilled Web Developer / Graphic Designer who will be responsible for developing and / or designing websites and graphics for our company.
- You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.
- BSc / HND in Computer Science or related field
- Professional certification is an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- 1-3 years of experience in web development and graphic design
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills & excellent eye for detail
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment and able to solve complex problems.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and working with team members who produce content.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Translating client needs and branding strategies into design strategies
- Designing visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software
- Selecting colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts
- Collaborating with front end developers, marketing, content and other professionals to create media on company websites and social media handles.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
Deadline: 16th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter and Resume) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.