Water Officer at Solidarities International
Prefer not to state
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Projected contract duration is 3 Months – with possible extension.
Set-up and operational monitoring:
- Under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and / or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his / her line manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and / or communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and / or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his / her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his / her supervision and by the population
- Keep his / her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his / her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his / her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he / she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his / her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues / Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request
- B.Sc/HND in Engineering – Civil, Water, Sanitation, Hydrogeology;
- Good knowledge of office/CAD software – Auto CAD, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.;
- Fluency in English, Hausa or one of the local dialect is an added advantage;
- Interpersonal skills – Reliable, honest, accountable, resistance to stress, team player, ability to prioritize tasks;
- Good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation and project follow up;
- Two years of similar work experience (NGO, Private or Public Sector);
- Relevant experience in deep borehole drilling and development will be highly considered;
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Candidates who are indigenes of Monguno will be given consideration
What We Offer
- Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance (covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Deadline: 27th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select Water Officer – Monguno, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.