Waiter – Restaurant & Bar at Precious Palm Royal Hotel
Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. Lagos-Benin Expressway, Ugowo-Isihor axix, Benin City, EDO, NG
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter – Restaurant & Bar
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant or Bar areas.
- Display highest standards of hospitality and welcome at all times within all food and beverage areas.
- Take orders for, serves food and beverages to guests as per the hotel standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests and presents them with the menu.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintain proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses etc.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understand and communicate products and services available to guests.
- Inform guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or note ? Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor or head waiter.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and monitoring reorder level for restaurant and bar items.
- Responsible for cleaning and removing the trays and plates from guest rooms, corridors or strategic points.
- Serves guests their food and beverage in prompt, courteous manner as per the standard sequence of service.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and complete the payment process.
- Have a full knowledge of the food & beverage items & their specifications, menu prices, recipes and style of service etc.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the manager/supervisor and ensure follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure to have minimum wastage and breakage.
- Check the reservation or complimentary book for the next meal period.
- Inquire with the kitchen what the daily specials are for the shift.
- Always answer the phone politely using a friendly tone and being informative. The telephone must be answered on a maximum of three rings.
- If a customer has any questions, it is your responsibility to answer them accurately. Therefore, know your product and price list.
- You should have complete knowledge of all food and beverage menus: The ingredients; the preparation; how items are served and with what; know your prices; know the daily specials.
- Once all of the information is obtained, repeat it to the customer using their name.
- Never walk to fast/run.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by your manager/supervisor or management.
- Candidates should possess an OND qualification.
- A minimum of 1 year work experience.
Deadline: 30th August, 2021.