Vacancy at Action Against Hunger USA for Field Coordinator- Monguno, Nigeria (Re-advertisment)
YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
promoting relevant, needs-based, integrated humanitarian/recovery programming in line with country strategy, and ensuring proper project cycle management by working closely with program managers under the technical guidance of the Technical Coordinators.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Effectively manage and develop Action Against Hunger’s Programming and Strategy in Monguno, Eastern Borno State.
- Ensure Safety and Security of Action Against Hunger’s Staff and Assets.
- Overall responsibility for Action Against Hunger’s Finance, Human Resources, and Logistics in Borno state.
- Field representation of Action Against Hunger and adherence to the Mandate/Charter/Principles.
- Flexibility to work in remote
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- With a university degree; Masters in humanitarian studies is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectoral programming
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management)
- Proven ability to translate learning, analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian principles
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity, including ability to motivate, train and organize a multi-cultural team
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites
- Experience in insecure context
- Preferred if previously worked with Action Against Hunger
- Experience in conflict-related displacements and nutrition crisis context
- Familiarity with emergency donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP) reporting and regulation
- Working experience in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Interested applicants may follow the link below to make their application: https://action-against-hunger.workable.com/jobs/664187
- Posted On 2018-02-14
- Location Borno
- Work Hours 0