Vacancies for Facilitator at the Enugu State Government (Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources) – 3 Positions
The Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources in collaboration with Enugu State Focal Office, World Bank/Development Partner Projects, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for implementation of the Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement and Livelihood Support (APPEALS) – World Bank Assisted Project, in the capacity below:
Job Title: Facilitator
- The project in each state will hire 3 facilitators with different responsibilities as follows: (one per value chain, 3nos.)
- The facilitators will be expected to produce Value Chain Investment Planworking with beneficiaries and relevant officers and submit a monthlyreport of activities to the state project office.
- The officers will also work with the M & E officers at state level to monitor the project indicators and the achievement of the project development objectives.
Duties of Facilitators
- Ensure proper registration of the project beneficiaries in line with the project provisions and production of the development, business/investment plan for the Association;
- Provide technical advice to the project beneficiaries in their area of competence and serve as liaison officers between APPEALS and the project beneficiaries;
- Identify teaching instruments and develop essential curricula to train the APPEALS beneficiaries through a PRA process;
- Identify sources of improved technology for project beneficiaries’ operation, in collaboration with the various research and knowledge institutions;
- Provide linkage with service providers to assist project beneficiaries in productivity enhancement, business planning, financial and business management;
- Supply market information and provide linkage to market and credit sources for the farmers
Duration of Assignment
- The work of a facilitator will be throughout the duration of the project, but the contract is renewable yearly subject to satisfactory performance.
- B.Sc. in Agriculture, Agronomy, Crop or Animal Science including Fisheries.
- Minimum of seven (5) years post-qualification field experience.
- Fluency in English and local language widely spoken in the project area.
- Experience in specific value chains selected by the state is a major advantage.
- Knowledge and application of computer will be an advantage.
- Higher qualification will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and addressed to:
Office of the Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Enugu State Focal Office,
World Bank/Development Partner Projects,
- Posted On 2018-02-07
- Location Enugu
- Work Hours 0