Unilever Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Assistant Marketing Manager – Shopper Marketing
Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Marketing Manager – Shopper Marketing, Unilever International
Job Number: 2000041X
Location: Lagos-Oregun – Head Office
Job Field: Marketing
Job Type: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest growing cluster that has grown from 250mn to over 1 bn in the last 7 years and has an ambition to double yet again to 2bn in the next 5 years ? Do you want the opportunity to build Unilever’s portfolio across categories in white spaces? If so the Asst. Marketing Manager , Shopper Marketing Nigeria, Unilever International is for you.
- The role will report into the Sr. Marketing Manager – NAMET RUB & AFRICA for Unilever International based in Lagos Nigeria . The role will interface with all Unilever categories at Director / Brand Manager level and UI supply chain, Local MOCs and finance teams across UI and Local MCO.
Main Job Purpose
- Nigeria has the largest population of any country in Africa, with over 200mil people, 50% of whom live in urban cities. The market size of Deo’s is currently small at only E64m, with low penetration and consumption, and has been identified as a priority “Future Growth Market” by the GCLT. This means Nigeria will receive the support of Global Category to develop this market with support from the global Rexona team, with a MD strategy, plan & relevant support assets.
- The ambition is to double the size of the business within the next 3 years, through a structured and consistent “market development” approach, using the best practice from other developed Deo’s markets globally.
- The people resource vision is to have a small Deo’s squad, based in Nigeria, to lead the market development work. This squad will comprise 1 x UI CD Manager (Deo’s Business Unit Lead) + 1x Marketing/Brand Manager (responsible for deployment of the marketing development program across all channels).
Key Requirements for the Marketing Role Are
- A self-starter, with a strong bias for action, unafraid to get “your hands dirty”.
- Engage with Category Team across different Key MT and LMT chains to develop best in class In store execution
- Good grasp of ROI of key activation, ability to learn from past campaign and keep improving as we go on the journey
- Ability to hold self & others accountable.
- Ability to think & work independently, whilst managing key stakeholders.
- Help Marketing Manager in planning & marketing deployment to ensure we build sustainable growth going forward.
- Local Shopper marketing insight & market knowledge, with ability to get things done working through people & activation agencies.
- Drive Consumer Activation and large scale
- Accessible & transparent, always ensuring good communication with Global / Regional Category team.
- Strong values of integrity & transparency
- Prior experience in Shopper Marketing is also an advantage.
- Job requirements – be open to being flexible
- The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
- Marketing Manager, Global BD brand teams & Local Modern Trade team across brands and categories, UI SC and Finance.
Critical success Factors for the Job
Key Skills / Experiences / Qualifications:
- Exceptional drive and a positive passion to create brilliant mixes and create exceptional marketing solutions
- Ability to challenge the status quo and ask the question why not
- Willingness to engage in robust discussions on strategy and air your own point of view
- Confidently work with senior stakeholders without losing one’s point of view
- Willingness to break records
- Focus on continuous learning
- Deep consumer empathy and inquisitiveness to find solutions beyond the obvious
- Decisiveness and initiative to lead the agenda and set the stage for great results.
Relevant Experience / SOL
- Experience in BB /or Shopper Marketing in any region globally with a strong consumer focus
- Strong track record of consistent in market delivery
- Deep desire to do something exceptional in life
- 3-5 years experience in Branding and Marketing.
- Bias for Action
- Growth Mindset.
Deadline: 16th October, 2020.