Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Accountant – M/F
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Onshore
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assess, monitor, plan and manage the efficient utilization of cash and financial services in a manner consistent with the objectives of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track, maintain, and overseeing the daily movement of fund in and out of business’ banking accounts;
- Ensure conformity of company’ bank account with IFRS, fiscal and monetary regulations. Assess risk/return tradeoffs in guidelines.
- Manage disbursement of petty cash expenses for Lagos office and other locations and perform a monthly inventory of petty cash.
- Review and update regularly the bank signatories.
- Prepare daily and weekly cash forecasts for management.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Maintains reports, records, and files for all treasury activities.
- Ensure that all cash transactions are supported by an appropriate invoice / receipt;
- Prepare monthly GL entries and account reconciliations for petty cash, banks, cash advances, AGO and other stock usages, staff loans, other payables and receivables as well as clear reconciling items timely.
- Monitor and evaluate bank service fees on a monthly basis and address quality issues.
- Manage all aspects of short-investment portfolios.
- Assist in the management of banking relationship.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit, including special projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Minimum level of education required:
- 3 – Bachelor’s degree (3 years)
Key Skills & Behavior:
- General knowledge of GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and come to rational and well-thought out conclusions.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Previous experience in purchasing FX currency on the spot market, understanding of foreign currency markets and pricing.
- Familiarity with basic finance and accounting, including GL accounting systems, allocation methodology, purchase orders, and budgeting.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and identify and execute improvements in the treasury area. Previous project experience with payment automation is a plus.
- Maintain a neat work area, professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly with on-the-job training experience preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years prior treasury and cash management experience; management experience preferred
- Extensive experience in preparing cash and bank reconciliation.
- Experience in building complex financial models to evaluate various financial plans.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply