Transportation Logistics Manager at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transportation Logistics Manager
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Employment Type: Temporary contract
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- CAF is looking for a Transportation – Logistics Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team.
- Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Ivory Coast.
- Formulate the logistics staffing requirements and Logistics service levels at all AFCON sites (stadium, training sites, hotels, HQ… etc.)
- Champion the implementation of an integrated venue delivery timeline which serves as the “single source of truth” across all venue operations.
- Establish customs clearance procedures with local authorities and provide clear communication of these procedures to all relevant constituent groups.
- Provide oversight over the implementation of the venue logistics operating plans; develop departmental policies/procedures; and departmental staff orientation/training.
- Produce a suitable project plan which described risks and issue.
- Draft and establish policies and procedures, including communication and escalation protocols, relevant to the movement of teams to/from airport, team sites, training grounds and match locations.
- Manage the receipt, storage, distribution, resupply, and recovery of AFCON assets and equipment at the venues from bump-in/out and tournament time.
- Work with Teams Services representatives to schedule and dispatch team according to transportation requirements.
- Use efficient delivery methods to minimize costs and operational inefficiencies.
- Produce the scope and manage the tender and selection of a suitable logistics services provider.
- Understand and assist in the implementation of detailed Transport Plans in all the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Coordinate transport operations during the event.
- Implement CAF Requirements in the Transport Area for movements of teams, delegates, equipment, etc.
- Liaise with the LOC Travel Agency for the day-to-day requirements in terms of air travel, ground transport, etc.
- Work with Central and State Government Departments for assistance from local traffic police, security, vehicle movements, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Planning or related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in event Transport and/or Logistics work experience in a fast moving and complex operational environment.
- Transport operation experience within at least two mega event projects, ideally a world class sport event.
- Fluent in English and/or French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Proven project management skills within a complex project.
- Ability to design, implement and operate a transport system in an event environment.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English or French to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- The position will be based at CAF’s headquarters in Cote d’Ivoire
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.