The Confederation of African Football (CAF) Available Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protocol and Event Manager
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Protocol and Event Manager.
- CAF is looking for a Protocol and Event Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team.
- Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas. This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Build a hospitality concept for VIP/VVIP lounges.
- Support and supervise the planning and implementation of all VIP platforms (hospitality/seating) during the tournament.
- CAF Club:
- Create a new concept, including branding, set-up, look and feel, printed and other material.
- Manage the relevant guest list and arrange access to the club.
- Coordinate at events, daily planning, price monitoring.
- Procurement and contracts for the CAF Club.
- Take care of VIP coordinators (linked to CAF Club and VIP/VVIP guest management (including training sessions and briefings).
- Responsible for allocated VIP guest management activities at the tournament.
- Guest management: Provide support to teams, where necessary.
- Responsible for the coordination and distribution of all VIP tickets in the area of responsibility.
- Plan staffing needs for on-site guest management, including the training of VIP coordinators.
- Coordinate VIP invitations in close cooperation with the relevant CAF departments and divisions (Competitions, Commercial, Travel & Accommodation, Executive Office of the President, Office of the Secretary General, etc.)
- Provide support for the on-site implementation of CAF protocol (including the seating tool).
- Produce a final report for the tournament, identifying possible improvements for future events.
- Draw up and administer guest lists (master guest list).
- Use of event-specific tools and cooperation on the further development of an event-specific IT environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related fields.
- Commercial Training, Event Management training, or equivalent basic training.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in event accommodation management.
- Fluent in English and French Languages, both written and spoken; command of (Arabic and/or Portuguese) is a Plus.
- Extensive experience in VIP guest management and event management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Detail-oriented working methods.
- Structured approach and ability to grasp abstract concepts.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information (PDF)
15th October, 2022.
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.
Share this job with your friends!