Team Member, Transaction Monitoring at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Transaction Monitoring
Job Type: Full-time
- Risk Based Review of Accounts for suspicious activity.
- Rendition of RBS and AML returns.
- To render prompt compliance advisory support to ensure the bank’s operations and business transactions follow all relevant regulatory provisions and internal policies.
- To assist the GCCO to embed a culture of compliance in the bank by ensuring that the Banks AML and Counter Financing of Terrorism’s efforts are in line with Group standards and international best practice thereby preventing the Group being exposed to the risk of sanctions and associated financial/reputational loss as a result of failure to comply.
- Review of Actimize SAM (Suspicious Activity Monitoring) alerts to identify and report suspicious transactions.
- Review of Actimize WLF (Watch-List Filtering) for Sanctions Compliance (both transactions and onboarding screening).
- Review of SWIFT Sanctions Screening alerts for Sanctions Compliance (only transactions screening).
- Periodic update of the Bank’s Internal Watchlist
- Periodic Update of the Bank’s PEP database.
- Investigation of suspicious transactions and reporting on NFIU goAML Web.
- Review of BVN discrepancies and IMTO Transactions.
- Response to Information from Correspondent Banks.
- Provide prompt compliance advisory support to all internal stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of internal standards and bank’s business goals.
- To carry out transaction monitoring reviews to identify, report and protect the bank from any transaction that may lead to ML/TF.
Minimum Education Qualification
- Minimum of a University First Degree
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience in Operations, Compliance, Internal Control or Audit, External Auditing, Risk Management.
- Banking: Minimum of 1-year experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Quantitative skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, power point, etc.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Services and Processes.
- Knowledge of MLPA 2011(as amended), CBN AML/CFT Regulations, 2013 (as amended), and other key AML/CFT regulations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.