Team Lead, Investor Relations at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Investor Relations
Employment Type: Permanent
- Participate in the formulation of UBA’s investor relations policies, objectives & initiatives.
- Participate in the bank’s drive to attract more investments from identified target groups.
- Contribute to the development of an active relationship with existing and potential investors and external investment analysis (both buy and sell side).
- Manage reporting calendar, including road shows, meetings, results announcements and conference calls.
- Organize meetings with independent shareholder associations in preparation for annual general meetings (AGM).
- Monitor Nigeria and international press for accuracy of reporting investors relations issues & internal dissemination as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely production of quality annual reports and other internal reports (including monthly departmental reports, quarterly board report, company fact sheet etc.).
- Liaise with UBA registrars to ensure needs of retail shareholders are being effectively dealt with.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of investor relations materials to existing and potential investors.
- Act as resource within UBA to help guide effective public disclosure consistent with regulatory and best practice guidelines.
- Assist Head, Strategy & Performance Management in shareholder targeting and analysis.
- Work on influencing sell-side coverage towards ensuring more followers and more publishing from followers.
- Maintain an accurate and updated database of analysts, institutional investors and other contact that are critical to investors relations core function.
- Prepare ad hoc press releases as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Head, Strategy & Performance Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any financial related discipline, preferably also have completed CFA, similar financial markets qualification.
- 8 – 10 years experience.
- We are looking for a candidate that has good knowledge of financial markets and has completed CFA with a minimum of 8 years experience in investor’s relations.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Financial markets.
- Accounting & corporate finance.
- Financial institutions regulations.
- Relationship management.
- Public Relations.
- Leadership skills.
- Organization & coordination skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Accounting knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication (oral & written) especially with external audiences.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Deadline: 17th June, 2022.