ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services. We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead, Geospatial Data Architect
Job ID: 106
Function: Geospatial Data Architecture
Reporting to: Head, Geospatial Information Engineering
Travel Frequency: Occasionally
Purpose of the Job
- This role exists to ensure that acquisition, migration, integration and deployment of geospatial data is consistent in meeting set data design standard and ensuring robust relational database design that is consistent and scalable and meets ongoing requirement of the subject matter area application of the Geographic Information System.
Expected Key Results:
- Evolve and deploy geospatial data architecture frameworks
- Evolve and deploy procedures for geospatial data quality assurance and control
- Support diverse GIS business application areas
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Engineering or in a related field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Geographic Information Systems, or Geodetic Sciences.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience with GIS mapping software such as tools such as QGIS, Carto, and ArcGIS is required
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R and Python
- Extensive knowledge and ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS-related work will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with any data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Outstanding quantitative and skillset, attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, be able to multitask, think intuitively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A cumulative proven work experience of at least 5 years as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role is required.
- Demonstrable experience in data modeling tools is a requirement, for instance, UML.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of geographic information system (GIS) hardware and software components, data communication and network methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience of automated mapping and information processing methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience to prepare a variety of correspondence and complex reports
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
Deadline: 30th June, 2022.