Strategic Outsourcing Limited (SOL) Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
Strategic Outsourcing Limited (SOL) is a licensed Primary Employment Agency established in 2006. We provide all categories of staff to our clients and have managed over 100,000 Staff since inception. In 2021, SOL was one of the Top 15 employers in Nigeria by the National Pensions Commission based on the number of staff within the formal contributory pensions scheme. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dairy Team Leader (Cattle Supervisor)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Dairy Team Leader (Cattle Supervisor) will be in charge of the dairy/Milking parlor unit and all related activities
- Assist in the set up of an efficient milking protocol for high producing dairy cows.
- Manage and train the work force on best practices and new technologies and methods towards increased productivity and performance.
- Assist in establishing the necessary production monitoring, environmental health standards for a new dairy farm in order to produce high quality dairy products.
- Support the Farm manager to implement a modern and effective dairy management system to deliver results in a sustainable and environmentally friendly mannner.
- Monitor and evaluate herd health and production and advice the farm manager on these.
- Keep good records of farm activities and report to the farm manager periodically.
- Manage modern milking equipment and machines and monitor dairy herd.
- Manage and plan breeding, pregnancy and calve management for the farm .
- Manage the dairy team as well as collaborate with other teams for efficient farm management.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum HND / B.Sc in Animal Science, Animal Husbandry, Animal Production, Animal Health or any related course.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working on a farm with some milk production experience.
- A genuine love for animals and their welfare
- Good interpersonal skills to support a team of people with a range of different abilities.
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to details
- Experience leading teams and an ability to work effectively within different teams.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership for their roles.
- A willingness to learn
- Demonstrable ability to use modern milking equipment’s and machinery.
- Experience in cattle management on intensive systems is required.
- A good knowledge of cattle stockmanship is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hausa
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title – ”Dairy Team Leader (Cattle Supervisor)” as the subject of the email.
30th August, 2022.