SISL Compliance Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SISL Compliance Officer
Job ID: 65086
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Sector: Banking
- Responsible for the Corporate Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective officer that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/compliance risk management concerns within the organization.
- Ensures the management and employees follow the governing rules and regulations set by regulatory bodies, that the company’s policies and procedures are being followed and that behaviour in the organization meets the company’s Standards of conduct.
- Responsible for regulatory change management and interactions for both internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Ensure efficient and effective partnership with stakeholders in managing compliance risk
- Creation/sustenance of Compliance Risk Culture across the business teams.
- Provide sound Advice about Risk Management processes and on compliance related legislations affecting the stakeholders
- Track the establishment of an effective Compliance and governance framework across the business teams.
- Managing key regulatory relationships and examinations related to the business teams.
- Advise the business of Regulatory requirements/ developments
- Embed a Compliance Culture within the business
- Establish appropriate feedback, reporting & escalation mechanisms
- Manage self-improvement and capability development.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree
- ACCA, ACAMS or any other compliance related certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Independent Assurance. Experience in stakeholder management and interpersonal relationship capabilities and knowledge of bank’s products and services.