Senior Financial Control Officer at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited
Personal Trust Microfinance Bank Limited is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Control Officer
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior financial control officer is responsible for reconciliation and settlements activities and will provide revenue assurance to the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure daily reconciliation and posting of all of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports
- Support the E-business team in resolving settlement and reconciliation matters
- Monitor income/fees and ensure value is promptly transferred to the bank
- Verify the incoming and outgoing payment on e-channel accounts
- Reconcile bank statement with entries in the bank ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and present the reconciliation reports
- Prepare daily and weekly report on over/under-settlement of transactions
- Identify, follow up and investigate unreconciled transactions or discrepancies to enable prompt resolutions
- Liaising regularly with various bank account officers on issues relating to direct debits, standing orders, unidentified credits and charges from time to time.
- Monitors the deduction on loan and facilities with various banks and reconciling with terms and conditions of the offer
- Develop and maintain business relations with payment partners
- Liaise with the settlement bank and payment processing companies on potential under-settlement and ensure resolution of issues identified in line with the company’s policies and procedures
- Advise the finance team of possible over-settlement for necessary provisions
- Maintain reconciliation records
- Rendition of monthly returns and processing of associated payments for FIRS, LIRS and PFAs within seven days of deduction
- Sending daily dashboard report to management
- Provide support to other finance team a required
- Support end of day/month and year process
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND / B.Sc / in Accounting.
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- 5 – 7 years work experience.
- Previous experience in same role in a Microfinance Bank
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Great analytical skills for decision making and problem solving
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Advanced computer software skills, including Microsoft excel
- Organization and time management abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualifed Applicants will be contacted.