The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset financing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Analytics Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Category: Technology – Analytics
Job Type: Full time
- As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will manage analytics models for a specific technology domain. With your passion in analytics and engineering, you will be supporting team members by delivering high-performance exportable datasets.
- Your work will range from standard BI models – how many devices did we sell, to how we can use metrics to understand and improve the sale process.
- You will apply Analytics Engineering best practice to build reliable, well tested, documented data models in dbt and Looker to promote self-serve analytics in your domain.
You’re Excited About this Opportunity Because You Will
- Supporting the team by providing technical leadership on data modelling in dbt and Looker
- Managing a specific domain teams (or a group of teams) analytics models
- Demonstrating best practices and increase the highest use opportunities to improve data processes, whether at data load or with data model redesign
- Working closely with our Product and Backend Engineers team to provide clean, timely, reliable datasets
- You’ll enjoy low ego environment and cohesive team spirit
- Taking ownership of your work, partnering with cross functional peers to ensure projects success
- You are naturally data curious, excited by data stack architecture and motivated by having an impact on the business
We’re excited about you because you have experience with:
- Have strong experience working with relational data models
- Have experience working with tools such as dbt, Looker, Airflow or similar
- Are experienced working with modern data warehouses and querying on them
- Have experience coding with Python and SQL
- Comfortable with software best practices (version control/git, Agile, testing, automated release pipelines, CI/CD processes, logging, observability etc.)
- Familiar with an event-based architecture
- Dbt for Transformation
- Looker for visualisation
- Spark / Data Factory / Event Hub / Airflow for ingestion
- Airflow / AKS for orchestration
- Microsoft Azure as our base cloud provider
- The stack is managed by the analytics platform team who you’ll work with.
What’s in it For You
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, dental and gym facilities)
- Group Life Cover and Personal Accident Cover
- Company pension (A mandatory basic national social security scheme)
- Remote working (dependent on the nature of the role)
- Airtime allowance (dependent on the nature of the role)
- MIFI monthly payment for remote workers
- 20 days per annum (excluding public holidays). Annual leave is accrued at the standard rate of 1.75 days per month
- Yearly learning budget for Tech of $1,250 + 5 paid learning days
- Home office allowance $1,000 first year, $500 each year thereafter
- Our other country benefits can be found here M-KOPA Employee Benefits & Perks
- We off the opportunity to work in many countries and have teams all over Europe & Africa.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: It is a fully remote role, within the following time zone (UTC -1 / UTC+3). You will report to the Head of Engineering Analytics working in the Analytics Team – this role will collaborate with Tech, Product and Business Leads.