Stella Maris School, Abuja is a very successful and flourishing co-educational private school in the heart of Abuja. We are academically selective and highly so, with everyone being above the average. From the very first moment a child enters the school, they will benefit from an excellent academic education supported by highly qualified and experienced specialist staff and a large range of musical, creative, sporting and artistic opportunities which are essential for children’s all-round education and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a School Nurse that will be responsible for the healthcare of our students and staff members. You will also be responsible for educating them and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
- The ideal candidate will be a responsible and well-trained professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness
- Utilizing existing resources to provide appropriate healthcare to students and staff.
- Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing preventative healthcare services.
- Developing and implementing health plans for students with specific health needs.
- Carrying out health assessments and screening for deficits in vision, hearing, growth, and/or development of students.
- Planning and implementing school health management protocols and procedures, especially for emergency situations.
- Providing referrals, to parents or staff, for intervention and remediation of abnormal or worrying health conditions affecting students.
- Providing ongoing health counseling to students, parents, and staff.
- Update students’ medical history.
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Licensed Registered nurse
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination etc.) and willingness to follow them at all times
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Deadline: 13th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.