Mkobo is licensed as a Microfinance Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). We started operations in August 2015. Mkobo is not your typical MFB, we do not have a banking hall nor do we accept cash deposit. All transactions are done electronically.
We are primarily focused on the promotion of inclusive financial services through the development of innovative financial services that leverages technology to eliminate the costs and complexities usually associated with traditional financial services. We are currently pivoting to a full service digital bank/Neobank by launching mkobobank.com. Our goal is to help hard working people grow their wealth by making it easy for them to Earn, Save, Spend and Invest their hard earned money.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales & Business Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The primary focus of the Sales & Business Manager is to provide focused business leadership to the sales and business development team and maximise revenue for MKOBO Microfinance Bank by proactively building a portfolio of quality risk asset through exceptional business development and Partnership management skills, driving business growth for Lifeline Asset Finance, Educational loan and Earlypay products.
- Provide strategic and marketing plans to enable the attainment of Mkobo Revenue and profitability goals across diverse products.
- Hire, train, manage and motivate a team of Sales executives and Business development to drive and achieve the business goals.
- Meet monthly targets for the Sales and Business development team.
- Drive business growth through exceptional management of existing partnership relationship and signing up new partners to increase revenue.
- Responsible for identifying and driving engagements with target companies for partnership opportunities and their seamless on-boarding strategies.
- Ensure consistent growth of the Bank’s risk assets and liabilities in line with defined targets.
- Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate Mkobo’s service promise to existing and prospective customers/partners.
- Ensure that long-term customer relationship is maintained so as to achieve the goals of the company.
- Conduct direct marketing of the Company’s products and services to help maximize revenue.
- Define, measure, monitor and report via dashboard on Sales and Business development KPI and metrics on a weekly and monthly basis and suggest improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, competition analysis, etc.
- To study the market conditions, competitions, identify gaps within the market and the substitutes coming into the market.
- To organize activities relating to sales and business development activities that will help increase awareness and generate new business.
- Contribute to the annual sales and marketing plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA / B.Sc in Marketing / Finance / Communication from a reputable University
- Minimum of 4 years relevant professional experience in Sales and Business Development with a proven track record of building a Sales team and cultivating new businesses.
- Sales & Business Dev. Experience in Financial Services is an advantage.
- Experience in managing and leading a Sales team to achieve and exceed expectations through innovative strategies for goal attainment.
- Experience in building, leading and developing Sales team to achieve set business goals
- Knowledge of relationship management and partnership development for growth of new business.
- Knowledge of direct Sales and business development.
- Sound knowledge of financial products and services.
- Proven knowledge of managing and motivating a sales team to achieve business targets.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF) acts
- Strong Stakeholder Management and team player.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Self-Starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to demonstrate track record of building a business team and achieving set targets
- Exceptional Partnership relationship management skills
- Ability to build profitable business network across the banks products
- Sound business development acumen and must possess positive CAN-DO attitude
- Ability to achieve set targets in line with organizational goals and objectives.
- A good team player and collaborator across multiple business functions to achieve results.
- Ability to develop long-term profitable relationships with clients.
- Ability to maintain and mine existing business relationships for increased wallet share and profitability.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
Deadline: 30th September, 2022.