Risk Analyst at Mkobo Microfinance Bank Limited
MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
- To provide Risk and Compliance leadership, oversight, guidance and support to the organization that includes the implementation of all the frameworks and policies in respect of Enterprise Risk Management.
- To develop, lead, oversee and guide the implementation of the strategy in Mkobo Microfinance Bank with respect to Enterprise Risk; Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Compliance Risk referred to as Risk and Compliance management.
- Carry out a risk assessment of all loan applications and recommend approval as applicable.
- Improve and embed a risk management culture within the Bank.
- Liaise with the Departmental head to send relevant reports to regulators i.e. CBN and others.
- Ensure the Bank remains compliant in line with local regulations and internal policy requirements.
- Conduct a risk profile exercise to ascertain the residual level of risk exposure in the Bank.
- Report all due repayments in the Bank’s Risk Assets.
- To ensure that Business Continuity, Occupational Health and Safety, and IT Governance is in place and being effectively managed within Mkobo Microfinance Bank.
- Minimum of Degree in Accounts, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, ICT etc. from a reputable University.
- Be familiar and have experience of emerging risk management practices to drive digital lending products.
- Customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in accounts, audit, internal control, retail credit, risk and recovery.
- Problem Solving, Critical reasoning, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Having a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent listening ability and superb questioning techniques.
- Always accurate and on time in completing duties.
- Must be a self starter.
Areas of expertise:
- Business continuity
- Corporate governance
- Enterprise risk
- Information and security risk
- Market and credit risk
- Regulatory and operational risk
- Technology risk
- Internal control and audit
Deadline: 10th August, 2020.