- Job Title Text & Email Marketing Manager
- Hiring Organization American Cancer Society
- Company Website https://www.cancer.org/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
***This is a remote position that can be home based anywhere in the United States.***
*Candidates with strategic, creative, project manager mindset and the technical knowledge of building Text & Email campaigns is preferred. Experience with Marketing Cloud is helpful.*
The Text and Email Marketing Manager is responsible for strategy and execution of campaigns that generate revenue, support event activity, and provide mission delivery content to all ACS external audiences.
This role serves as a marketing automation subject matter expert, providing guidance to internal teams, external business partners and other business units on creative assets, segmentation, and strategy direction for text and email communication within the context of existing communication streams and as a stand-alone channel.
The starting rate is $78000 to $100000 per year. The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
At the American Cancer Society, our employees are the soul of our lifesaving mission to save lives. Our employment opportunities are as diverse as our people and include every discipline found in other business enterprises. As an organization, we adhere to a set of core values that help inform all our decisions. But what really sets us apart is that the work we do has global impact — and every passionate, dedicated American Cancer Society team member contributes to each groundbreaking achievement we make.
- Responsible for strategy and implementation of text and email campaigns through Marketing Cloud and other third-party vendor solutions.
- Create, maintain and facilitate ongoing training of all users of text and email marketing tools across the enterprise.
- Responsible for collaboration with Legal and Privacy to ensure compliance with FCC SMS regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Maintain continuing education and relevant certifications in marketing automation tools, serving as a resource to others as requirements and capabilities evolve.
- Support shared accountability with field staff in local text campaign initiatives to deliver on campaign goals
- Manage text production processes, schedules, and overall ACS text communication calendar, including managing stakeholder expectations and communicating project plans. This includes review of creative, set up, audience selects, and launch details prior to self-service and nationally led campaigns.
- Support Direct Marketing Leadership with strategic oversight of all external facing text marketing across the enterprise including documentation of processes and case studies.
- Responsible for air traffic control. Lead planning conversations and manage calendar inputs for all text marketing activity.
- Participates in work group meetings with key stakeholders across Marcom and ACS pillars.
- Monitor and support resolution of customer service escalations related to all text marketing activities.
- Drive continuous improvement of text and email marketing processes in order to decrease operational expenses and improve internal team efficiencies.
- Support day-to-day Marketing Cloud implementation alongside the email marketing team and assist in planning customer journeys and triggered messages.
- Work with various stakeholders to create, QA and deploy text and multi-channel campaigns as needed to support email marketing campaign specialists.
- Stay current with digital marketing industry trends and email and text best practices to foster education and adoption throughout the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC) Email Specialist certification required, can be completed post hire.
- Expert understanding of campaign management and SMS and MMS Text segmentation tools, as well as a proficient understanding of how text marketing efforts enhance and contribute to marketing performance metrics and benchmarks.
- Deep understanding of FCC SMS/MMS regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Working knowledge of all areas of Marketing Communications including creative project management, public relations, etc.
- Advanced writing, editing, proofreading skills and presentation skills; high attention to detail.
- Track record of managing multi-faceted marketing projects.
Other Special Requirements or Skills:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, plus experience of using these skills in leading, motivating, and inspiring cross-functional teams and direct reports.
- Proven success integrating resources across complex functions and across multiple geographies.
- Project management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies used with customers/constituents.
- Ability to work with varying levels of internal constituents and develop communication for various internal levels.
- Ability to manage multiple ad hoc and long-term projects simultaneously.
Specialized Training or Knowledge:
- 4-6+ years of direct marketing campaign management, including Email/Digital Marketing experience; nonprofit experience preferred.
- Understanding of customer data configuration and impact it has on business analytics and efficiency.
- Working knowledge of CRM Tools (Salesforce)
- Experience with multiple Text and Email marketing platforms (full service and self-service). Marketing Cloud, Twilio, Prompt.io, and SlickText preferred.
- Microsoft Power BI, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other project management and presentation applications.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $78000 to $100000 per year
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page