- Job Title Staff Writer, Golf
- Hiring Organization The Athletic
- Company Website https://theathletic.com/
- Remote Locations US, Canada
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The Athletic is looking for an energetic, versatile and resourceful reporter with golf
experience who excels at telling unique and differentiating stories across multiple formats. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the sport, the ability to provide conversation-leading analysis, and possess a robust list of sources and contacts.
This is a remote position based in the United States or Canada.
- Contribute compelling content to multiple digital platforms, including written, audio, video, newsletters, and social media.
- Cultivate and maintain strong sources to break, confirm, advance and analyze news.
- Clean, skilled writing in long-, medium- and short-form formats.
- Tell rich, ambitious stories reflecting deep reporting and access.
- Balance mid- and long-term projects while reacting to the daily news cycle.
- Delve into trends in and around the game.
- Utilize a creative approach to story ideation and formats.
- Generate executable story and project ideas across multiple platforms.
- Thoroughly understand the sport on and off the course, including the recreational and business sides of the game.
- Provide live analysis, especially for major tournaments.
- Maintain a strong voice that stands out from competitors.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and share information.
- 2+ years of writing about golf for a major media outlet.
- Audio and video experience an asset.
- Relationships within the competitive and business worlds of golf.
- Demonstrated ability to react quickly and authoritatively to news and developments.
- Professional or amateur playing experience a plus.
- This is a remote position based in the United States or Canada.
The annual base salary range for this role is $68,000.00 – $80,000.00 USD. The total compensation offered for this position may vary based on factors such as education, experience, skills, and location. It may also include non-cash rewards and benefits. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
The Athletic offers unique perks and benefits to all full-time employees based on their country of residence. Our comprehensive US benefits package includes:
- Highly competitive, employer-contributed medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance plans.
- Savings accounts for medical, wellness, and childcare expenses.
- 401k retirement savings plan and employer match.
- Paid time off including paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays, 15 days of accrued vacation to start, and up to 20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave.
For international candidates: Our global benefits packages offer similar benefits and perks, competitive to the local market.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Canada, United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page