- Job Title Staff Backend Software Engineer, Hiring Globally
- Hiring Organization EMPOWER
- Company Website https://www.empower.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
As a Staff Backend Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical direction of our solutions. You will identify strategic technical needs, lead large-scale and complex product initiatives, and optimize our engineering processes. You will also take ownership of technological initiatives, from management and execution to solution design and progress reporting. In addition, you will serve as a lead interviewer, mentor other engineers, and lead incident responses.
Your role will also involve designing, building, and deploying server application code, implementing secure coding standards, and meeting sprint goals. You will monitor the performance of our server application, participate in the server ops on-call schedule, and work towards minimizing defects and improving reliability.
Travel for company offsites is expected at a minimum 2 times a year.
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!
- Identify opportunities to foster optimal product direction, collaborate closely with business stakeholders to streamline and simplify designs, and proactively identify areas of risk and tradeoffs that can be enhanced.
- Ownership of technical initiatives, being accountable for the initiative’s outcome, managing and executing the project, designing the solution and defining its requirements, reporting on the initiative’s progress, and coordinating resources.
- Perform as a lead technical interviewer
- Lead technical reviewer of Empower Engineering blog posts
- Mentor Engineers up to and including Senior levels
- Lead SEV1 and lower incident response through to resolution
- Lead engineering of large scale and complex product initiatives
- Culture leader across the engineering organization, delivery team and platform team
- Minimum 10 years, ideally 15+ years developing web APIs within .NET (C#)
- Working experience with ORMs such as Entity Framework
- Working experience constructing and optimizing RDMS queries
- Working experience within the asynchronous programming model
- General knowledge of Messaging Queues eg. AMQP
- General knowledge of PaaS environments eg. Azure
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page