- Job Title Sr Staff Technical Product Manager
- Hiring Organization General Electric – GE
- Company Website https://www.ge.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
This product leadership role is focused on master data management as a holistic solution in the Finance ecosystem supporting EPM, ERPs, shared services applications and other dependent systems. It includes partnering with the functional business customers on new requirements solutions, Lean, process improvement, data quality, and comprehensive testing outcomes. It requires a proactive, collaborative, and diligent individual who will work closely with the FP&A and Controllership functions, DT product leaders and related team members to solicit and fully understand master data/change needs and potential impacts. This role will initially own and manage multiple DRM applications, relational hub, and contractor support staff. Additionally, this individual will contribute to the plan/design for the SaaS EDM cloud solution and master data needs for other SaaS and Finance applications for new MDM architecture. Role will also contribute to review and chart of account improvements/changes, evaluate change impacts across master data objects and governance structures and educate the functional and technical teams.
For Candidates in the US:
The salary range for this position is $127,700 – $213,200. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus/variable incentive plan.
GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more.
Location: Remote/Flexible. Global applicants encouraged to apply
- Responsible for leading, designing, implementing and maintaining multiple component(s) of enterprise applications or services. This includes activities such as build, test, documentation, and support of the component(s) in scope. Responsible for executing a sub-component(s) of a domain, product, or program.
- Facilitate meetings and collaborate with Controllership, FP&A, ERP, subledger functional and DT stakeholders to support existing DRM applications and define/implement new (EDM) business processes, technical solution and related DT SOPs
- Proactively seek out and understand upstream dependencies and downstream consumers and help anticipate change impacts and requirements
- Act with a Lean mindset, mastering data once for multiple purposes, defining/performing standard work, promoting/executing validations and driving data quality, effective testing and delivery of high first-time through enhancements and output
- Manage over and regularly meet with contractors on work requirements, and timely and quality deliverables; Regularly assess workload and assess staffing needs/changes and provide regular updates to manager
- Due to wide leverage of master data across DT footprint, need to proactively engage with different consuming application owners
- Partner and work with central GE Aerospace Lean Enterprise master data governance team to align Finance governance and solution plans and other potential integrations
- Field customer inquiries, requirements and issues across MDM, Controllership and FP&A customers and foster chart of accounts usage understanding
- Work across other DT product leaders to mitigate and de-risk adverse impacts (e.g. EVE, Atlas, etc.)
- Effective oral, written, and client communication skills, as well as ability to manage expectations of the business, clients, team members, management and external groups
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Analytic, creative and business-focused complex problem solver
- Strongly customer oriented and acts with urgency
- Curious to define, learn new methods and technologies; Early adopter tendency
- Develops/implements software components on the roadmap; develops/executes on unit and system test plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Information Technology, designing, implementing and supporting master data applications in the Finance space
- Must be willing to travel for major team or customer meetings/workout sessions
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bengaluru, India, Evendale, OH or Norwalk, CT on hybrid basis
- Deep expertise with PL SQL, Oracle DRM, Oracle EDM, other Oracle EPM application knowledge a plus, relational database constructs, knowledge of programming language; acts with Lean mind-set
- Able to drive technical and business discussions relative to architecture direction aligning with business goals and provide options and recommendation
- Experienced with concepts underlying master data governance and data management as backbone to Finance ecosystem to apply to support and project work.
- Experienced with elements of gathering MDM and architecture requirements.
- Ability to work with global teams, act independently and as part of a team
- High level of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
- Strong team player collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis
- Demonstrated customer focus evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer rapport; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Creates operational support plans
- Change oriented actively identifies and generates process improvements; challenges waste and streamlines through-put
- Business Acumen: Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; clarifies/seeks out business priorities and organizational dynamics. Influences within the functional and DT working team.
- Leadership: Works to assure work is on-time and within budget. Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to work standards and architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits of options in a consultative approach to help educate customer and other team members in subject problem/enhancement. Participates in change initiatives by proactively providing input and feedback; implements new direction and collaborates with team.
- Personal Attributes: Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice. Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate. Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $127,700 – $213,200
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page