- Job Title Senior Software Engineer, React Native
- Hiring Organization Taskrabbit
- Company Website https://www.taskrabbit.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
The Client Lifecycle Team is at the heart of ensuring our users have a seamless and delightful journey on our platform. As a Senior React Native Engineer on this team, you will be a key driver in shaping the client lifecycle experience, enhancing user engagement, and leading innovation in our mobile applications.
In this role, you will be a technical leader, contributing creative solutions and applying engineering principles to shape the client lifecycle and improve user engagement. Your structured problem-solving approach will lead to understandable and maintainable code and systems. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and collaborate closely with fellow engineers while working alongside Product, Marketing, and Data teams to make informed technical decisions.
Our engineering ecosystem comprises React Native for mobile applications, React.js and Next.js for the web frontend, and Ruby on Rails on the backend. Our events and data pipeline include Segment, Snowflake, AppsFlyer, Mixpanel, and Iterable.
Join us in changing lives, one task at a time!
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Architect and implement solutions within our React Native mobile applications, ensuring they provide a seamless and delightful experience to our users.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to make architectural decisions that impact the client lifecycle, ensuring scalability and robustness.
- Contribute to the ideation and development of new features and enhancements, with a focus on optimizing the user experience.
- Continuously optimize and improve the performance and reliability of existing mobile app infrastructure.
- Contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements, and updates.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback, and commenting on other approaches.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers, helping guide their technical growth.
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, and apply this knowledge to continually improve our mobile applications.
- Be a part of the team’s on-call rotation.
- Proficiency in Typescript and React Native
- Strong understanding of mobile app architecture, performance optimization, and best practices.
- Experience with all parts of the mobile development lifecycle, including testing (via Jest and/or Detox) and release management
- Proven experience with REST and GraphQL for client-server communications
- Familiarity with mobile security principles and best practices.
- Have a robust understanding of software design principles and how to write clean code. You know how to organize code across the stack and have strong opinions on code structure.
- Can communicate technical concerns and decisions clearly and proactively, simplified as necessary for cross-functional audiences.
- Enjoy sharing your experience and technical knowledge to help other engineers grow through pairing, thorough code reviews, and collaboration in a remote work environment.
- You value knowing “why” and are comfortable partnering with external stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate these to technical requirements.
- Have experience being accountable for features or applications end-to-end – through planning, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Familiarly with native languages for mobile app development such as Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java
- Contributions to open-source projects or a portfolio showcasing mobile app development skills.
- Passionate about efficiency, availability, system quality, and user experience.
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. Our total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $115,000 – $160,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page