- Job Title Senior Software Engineer, Backend / Full Stack
- Hiring Organization UpKeep
- Company Website https://www.onupkeep.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
UpKeep is the leading cloud-based Asset Operations Management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities and maintenance work. We provide mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, advanced enterprise integrations, and top-notch professional services. Our innovative technology is modernizing workflows and maximizing operational efficiency for over 3,000 customers including Shell, Yamaha, Unilever, McDonalds, Subway, Pepsi, and Marriott!
We’re a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We’ve been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” multiple years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote. UpKeep is ranked the #1 Facility Management software on Gartner, #1 Maintenance Management software on G2 Crowd, FrontRunners on Software Advice, and CMMS Leader on IDC MarketScape.
The position will serve as a Senior Software Engineer within one of our Scrum teams, reporting to the designated Engineering Manager. Collaborating with the team’s product and project managers, the Senior Software Engineer will contribute to both the creation and execution of new projects. Daily responsibilities include coding, participating in stand-ups and other Scrum meetings, conducting code reviews, mentoring fellow engineers, addressing challenges, drafting Requests For Change, and breaking down epics and project charters into detailed ticketed work.
- Design/Architect, develop, test, improve and deploy systems that serve our users.
- Drive designs of major software components, systems, and features within your squad and also cross teams.
- Use your understanding of the product and our business goals to build proven and high quality solutions inline with our long-term strategy.
- Work closely with engineering and product managers in your team and across teams.
- Analyze website performance and implement solutions for improvement, including unit and integration tests.
- Participate in code review, deployment, and improvements to our ability to ship reliable code.
- Helping support other engineers through technical leadership, mentorship and lending a helping hand.
- Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
- Proficient with API and services development, working with databases, and query optimization
- Experience developing technologies such as Node.js, Express, PostgresDB, MongoDB, SQL, and React
- Experience operating and maintaining live web services and troubleshooting live issues
- Experience developing fault-tolerant distributed systems from the ground up, including requirements-gathering, architecture design, project breakdown, and execution
- Experience developing and operating services at scale
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Your personal and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Full-time team members at UpKeep are offered affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their families, HSA with employer paid contribution, optional FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid annual holidays, unlimited paid time off, 10 days of sick time per year, ability to enroll in our 401(k) plan, 12-week paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, Modern Health for mental health resources, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page