- Job Title Senior Product Design Manager
- Hiring Organization Alma
- Company Website https://helloalma.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Design Manager to join, support, and manage a growing group of high-performing product designers at Alma focused on our Billing and Insurance verticals.
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.
- Facilitate the delivery of high-quality and high-impact design work by growing and developing a team of motivated, empowered, and psychologically safe product designers
- Establish and maintain a climate in which your reports can do their best work. You take responsibility for your design team culture, cultivating a place where designers can collaborate and learn from each other
- Set a clear, inspiring vision for strategic initiatives and/or complex areas, painting a picture of the future and motivating others (your peers, your team) to get there
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Operational leaders to drive decisions and a strategic direction for the team, as well as improve and expand on our discovery and delivery processes
- Achieve stakeholder buy-in to and alignment with the work your team is doing, and use storytelling, pitching and persuasion skills to advocate for user-friendly decision-making
- Create structures, systems, and processes that enable your team’s work to be successful and reliable
- Hire a designer onto the team and help shape the scope, impact, and focus of new squads
- Help grow Product Design as a function by helping shape team-wide processes and growing the team
- You have 7-10 years of experience in product or user experience design within healthcare, insurance, education, or a similar industry.
- You have 2+ years of people management experience, managing across junior to senior direct reports.
- You have experience setting a clear, inspiring vision for complex areas, and advocating for solutions that drive success for the business in addition to your users.
- You are a curious, ambitious, empathetic, and strategic leader. You’re a total pro in UX methodologies and familiar with design tools.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment and making decisions without all of the answers in front of you.
- You believe you are not your user and that a well-designed product means that it’s accessible and usable for all. You guide your team’s work to reflect that philosophy.
- You have a proven track record of building strong cross-functional relationships and buy-in into your work.
- You’re passionate about Alma’s mission: to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $165,000 – $190,000
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $165,000 - $190,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page