- Job Title Senior Contracts Negotiator
- Hiring Organization Cision
- Company Website https://www.cision.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Brandwatch is the world’s premier social suite, empowering over 7,500 of the world’s most admired companies to understand and engage with customers at the speed of social.
Combining pioneering, AI-enriched digital consumer intelligence with industry-leading social media management tools, Brandwatch offers a complementary suite of specialized, best-in-class products and services that support intelligently connected workflows. With Brandwatch, brands and agencies can adapt and thrive in today’s fast moving digital world by making smarter decisions and executing data-driven social strategies at every customer touchpoint.
Operating and serving clients the world over, Brandwatch has 15 offices across the globe and more than 1,000 employees worldwide. Brandwatch is a Cision Company.
The Senior Contracts Negotiator position will be responsible for contract review, specifically customer contract review and negotiation including redlining order forms, general terms and conditions, and/or subscription agreements, and the review of other sales-related documents for Americas teams.
This role requires a technical awareness of our products and services, the ability to understand our customer requirements, and the ability to write clear and concise material. This role requires a working knowledge of contracts law and negotiation best practices. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; to assign and prioritize work for direct reports; review and approve work product; and works collaboratively within a team. Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills; establishes and builds relationships with stakeholders and cross-functional teams. Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive attitude and professionalism.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task. Will be the liaison between Brandwatch Legal and outside counsel in order to keep sales contracts moving until resolution is accomplished between both Customer and Brandwatch.
We Act with Care – We invest in our teams, treat each other with respect, and understand that people are the center of our work. We care about our purpose and invest heavily in services to better support our customers.
We Take Pride – We take pride in the quality of our products and services, our company, and each other.
We Spark Change – We are agents of change and we are pioneers in our industry. We reward creativity and value the lessons that come not only from success, but failure as well.
If you’ve found our job opportunity interesting but you don’t meet all of the requirements, it’s still worth applying. We’d love to hear from you!
Brandwatch is a globally distributed organization. However, we can’t provide any legal sponsorship to attain a work visa or permit in your country of residence, nor in any of the countries where we operate. We strongly advise you to seek legal counsel to ensure your residential status is fully legal before you apply. Any offer of employment we make you will be conditional upon you having the right to work in your hiring location and Brandwatch will verify this as part of the onboarding process.
To all recruitment agencies: Brandwatch does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Brandwatch employees. Brandwatch is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Conducts the initial review of sales document redlines and works in a consultative manner with Account Directors/RVPS/Managers to identify business issues and provide guidance and recommendations to contract resolution via standard redline response.
- Identifies and provides summary information to outside counsel and Brandwatch attorneys for those sections of redlined agreements that require broader legal review.
- Maintains all versions of agreements throughout the negotiation process.
- Researches and advises on account history and advises on possible impact to the negotiation of current agreements.
- Works with internal departments and product managers to ensure compliance with current company policies and procedures.
- Creates non-standard contract language for those agreements with special circumstances or requirements outside of the standard language.
- Provides preliminary review of non-standard documents such as Master Services Agreements, security documents, etc. and provides summary of concerns or issues to outside counsel and Brandwatch attorneys for further review.
- Provides periodic individual and group training to sales teams on best practices in managing the contract negotiation process.
- Acts as sales liaison to outside counsel on issues that might pertain to Brandwatch exposure.
- Submits requests for certificates of insurance as needed.
- Provides initial review of redlined General Terms & Conditions attached to the PR Newswire membership form, as requested. Hands document off to outside counsel and Brandwatch attorneys as needed.
- Trains and supervises Contracts Negotiators.
- Assigns and prioritizes work for direct reports, and reviews and approves work product.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a contracts negotiating role.
- Successful experience in contract management, legal redline reviews and process administration.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem resolution, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain a high level of energy, enthusiasm, engagement and commitment to action.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Strong team player with ability to develop effective working relationships across organization.
- Well-developed conceptual thinking skills including good intuition and the ability to make educated decisions based on business needs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure and multiple task environments.
- Willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with company needs/work flow demands.
- Minimal travel – ability to travel 10% or less of overall time.
- Work experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Recommended but not required: Paralegal training
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page