- Job Title SaaS Backend Developer
- Hiring Organization Percona
- Company Website https://www.percona.com/
- Remote Locations EMEA
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We’re looking for a talented Back-End Developer to join us at Percona! We want you to play a pivotal role in our new team, and pave the way in shaping the architecture and design of our cutting-edge Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions. Do you thrive in the electric buzz of a startup ethos? This opportunity is your ticket to a fresh frontier within Percona, a pioneering team crafting novel solutions for our customers. So, if you’re ready to dive into the heartbeat of an innovative, high-performance team, your search ends right here!
As a SaaS Backend Developer at Percona, you will be instrumental in developing, and maintaining the robust backend infrastructure that powers our SaaS solutions. You’ll collaborate closely with team members to ensure the seamless integration of back-end components, optimize performance, and deliver a scalable and secure SaaS platform.
At Percona, we believe an open world is a better world. Our mission is to enable everyone to innovate freely, by providing the best open source database software, support, and services. We make databases and applications run better through a unique combination of expertise and open source software built with the community for you. Our technical teams are experts in MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and MariaDB.
Percona is proud to be a remote-only and globally dispersed workforce – we have colleagues in more than 50 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and various paid time off programs, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences), ongoing connectivity allowances, and the opportunity to participate in our equity incentive plan. We also have benefits that support a healthy work/life balance such as The Percona Adventure Team, Work-from-Anywhere, FlowDays, FryDays, and overall flexibility. We also support being socially responsible through our PAVE volunteering program and Women Transforming Technology.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a leader in the open-source database space, let’s talk!
Connect with us and stay up to date on our latest news and developments by following us on LinkedIn and Twitter. We look forward to connecting with you!
- Have a strong product mindset, and a foundation in problem solving and experimentation (i.e. participating and collaborating in the creative process, generating solution ideas, fast-prototyping those ideas, conducting tests, evaluating results, and iterating over and over).
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and high-performance backend systems for our SaaS solutions.
- Implement efficient algorithms and data structures to handle complex database operations and queries.
- Contribute to the design and optimization of database schemas, ensuring data integrity, security, and scalability.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to design APIs that facilitate seamless communication between the front and back end.
- Identify and address bottlenecks in the backend systems to optimize performance and response times.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to ensure the reliability and efficiency of backend code.
- Implement robust security measures to protect sensitive data and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Stay abreast of security best practices and proactively address potential vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with front-end developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and deliver integrated solutions.
- Collaborate on the development of APIs that align with both user needs and business objectives.
- Integrate with a diverse range of products to enhance offerings.
- Significant experience as a Backend Developer, with a focus on SaaS.
- Proficiency in backend technologies such as Node.js, Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Experience with database management systems (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and implementation.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and containerization (e.g. Docker).Familiarity with AI/ML/LLM.
- with Client / Server topologies.
- Experience with the secure software development lifecycle (SSDF) and OWASP.
What will make you stand out:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working on new products – preferably SaaS.
- Global mindset.
- Pride and ownership of meeting expectations.
- Adaptable, resourceful, able to work within ambiguity.
- Self-directed and highly organized.
- Creative and innovative.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location EMEA
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page