- Job Title Product Manager, Enterprise
- Hiring Organization Sourcegraph
- Company Website https://sourcegraph.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a particular time-zone preference for this role. However, there is a great amount of planning that takes place synchronously in the western US, so anyone in this role will need to overlap at least 4 hours/day with the US Pactific Time zone.
To achieve our mission, we’re looking for a Product Manager to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. Reporting to the VP of Product, you’ll work on our marquee Code Search product, which represents the top product in the industry in this category and a significant percentage of our recurring revenue. You’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact as we level up this product to meet the increasingly high needs of our large enterprise customers.
As a Product Manager, you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month, you will
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the Sourcegraph team, and delve into your product area
- Learn Sourcegraph’s core product development processes. Observe and understand our specific development processes and how features move through the development cycle.
- Onboard and learn development software stack. Understand how they relate to the overall product life cycle.
- Effectively translate requirements into user stories with acceptance criteria. Identify requirement gaps needed for upcoming features. Groom and review the backlog with the team during planning sessions. Consult with the development team, stakeholders, internal teams, and customers to gather feedback on upcoming features.
- Learn internal product processes such as Win/Loss interviews, customer interviews, and customer feedback processes.
- Set your goals with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
Within three months, you will
- Successfully lead a development team by running planning meetings, attending retrospectives and daily standups. Fully own the team backlog and identify high value features that align to the product vision. Leads requirements gathering effort on upcoming epics.
- Work closely with designers and engineering leads to scope complexity of upcoming features. Understand technical complexity when approaching epics and larger initiatives. Understand tradeoffs of time to build vs value to the customer. Able to communicate and negotiate tradeoffs with stakeholders to drive prioritization.
- Identify and scope appropriate MVP feature sets as they relate to the larger efforts of the product team.
- Write and communicate release documentation highlighting the customer pain point and the end solution.
Within six months, you will
- Drive the strategy for the product/set of features you’re responsible for, making a real-world impact on the adoption and retention of customers.
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for Product Leadership and internal stakeholders
- Identify key success metrics for a product surface and take ownership for evangelizing the surface with all Sourcegraph stakeholders.
- Conduct product feedback interviews with customers to solicit and gather feedback on existing features, as well as speak to new features coming up in development.
- Become certified in presenting the Product Vision to customers. Become comfortable talking about product vision with external stakeholders.
Our Product Managers are hard-working, results-driven, and passionate people advocates! We are product machines – passionate about turning feedback from our customers and turning that into better products. You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented Product Manager who shares our values and has a passion for all things Product.
- 3 – 5 years working as a product manager.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering, design, and distribution.
- Deep knowledge of the needs of enterprise customers, not just the core workflows but common supporting requirements like support, security, privacy and auditing.
- Experience working as a software engineer. This is a very technical role and requires software engineering experience to effectively communicate with engineers and make educated decisions affecting product scope and performance at scale.
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work.
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements.
This job is an IC3. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
The target compensation for this role is $165,000 USD base.
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $165,000 USD base
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page