- Job Title Mobile Engineer
- Hiring Organization Givebutter
- Company Website https://givebutter.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Givebutter is the most-loved nonprofit fundraising platform, empowering millions of changemakers to raise more, pay less, and give better. Nonprofits use Givebutter to replace multiple tools so they can launch fundraisers and events, use donation forms and donor management (CRM), send emails and text blasts—all in one place. Instead of charging a traditional SaaS subscription fee, Givebutter is completely free to use with a 100% transparent tip-or-fee model.
Givebutter has been certified as a Great Place to Work® in 2021, 2022, and 2023, and is the #1 rated nonprofit software company on G2 across multiple categories.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
Why join the Givebutter Engineering team?
- Democracy of code – We are a group of engineers that values equal contribution as well as discussing architecture and ideas openly.
- Not overburdened with meetings – Our Engineers manage their own calendars and block times so they can work uninterrupted.
- Automated ci/cd – Our builds are reproducible and the pipeline is easy to manage. Shipping to production is hands-off, automated, and consistent. Our engineers are focused on solving problems with code.
- Mission-driven, full stop – We work with amazing organizations, non-profits, and charities doing good all over the world.
- Maintains and contributes to Givebutter’s mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Proactively identifies and builds out features based off of Canny (a public feature request board)
- Independently takes features or requests to fruition with a focus on cross-team communication
- Takes initiative in outlining engineering approach and collaborating with the backend, design, and product teams to execute features.
- Takes ownership of managing bugs, documentation, and knowledge base. Works closely with the Frontend team lead to define code standards and mentor other team members.
- Contributes to the improvement of engineering standards, deployment infrastructure, performance, testing, and code quality.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience working in-house building mobile apps
- 3+ years of experience using React Native, React hooks, and Typescript
- Contributed to at least one production-grade mobile app
- Experience deploying mobile apps to the iOS App store and the Google Play store
- Experience configuring pipelines for distributing and managing mobile beta builds
- Experience with the React Navigation library
- Experience writing integration tests for mobile apps
- Familiar with building accessible mobile apps (a11y)
- Knowledge of React Query, React Hook Form, or Zustand is a plus
- Experience with Laravel is a plus
$120,000 – $135,000 a year
There will be a bonus tied to OKR attainment as well as equity available for this role.
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
- Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees as well as HSA and FSA accounts.
- Mental Health: Givebutter health insurance plans come with access to a TalkSpace membership.
- 401k: We offer access to a retirement planning account for all employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
- Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
- Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
- Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
- Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $120,000 - $135,000 a year
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page