- Job Title Director of Design
- Hiring Organization IOV Labs
- Company Website https://www.iovlabs.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs develops, promotes, and supports Rootstock, a Bitcoin merge-mined smart contract platform – the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops RIF Apps & Services to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralized apps and new Open Finance services on Rootstock.
Everyday our teams come to work to build a more decentralized world, for a freer and fairer future.
About the Role
As our Head of Design, you will provide design direction and set high standards from early stages of ideation through launch. You and your team will shape the design strategy, prototypes, and solutions in collaboration with org leaders and cross-functional partners.
Your function will shape design elements across internal projects, monetizable products and services, and creative campaigns across IOVs brand and marketing, and developer functions.
You will report directly to the VP Product, and have the opportunity to build a best-in-class design team.
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to… build a more decentralized world, for a freer and fairer future.
- Our vision is a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper.
- We’re on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralized tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs Values
Our values reflect the fact that we are a global, distributed team who embrace complex and revolutionary decentralized technologies, guided by a strong social purpose.
- Take Responsibility
- Make it Useful
- Stay Open
- Be Fair
We are excited to see what you’re made of!
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- Provide brand / product design direction and set high standards for IOVs approach to the design of web applications, mobile applications, visual interface, and UI/UX design
- Collaborate with engineering, product, business, and brand / marketing leads to design our projects and products from conception to launch and scale
- Drive and deliver multiple design projects simultaneously, and ultimately build a best-in-class design team that is integrated across functions at IOV Labs
- Incorporate data and customer insights in order to create conceptual wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity designs
- Create a unified design system that increases the velocity of our product and open source engineering teams and extends to brand and marketing output
- Work cross-functionally to create integrated project, product and brand/marketing experiences that drive business outcomes and uphold a high bar, reflecting the orgs vision vision, mission, and ethos
- Extensive experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- The capacity to bring novel, simple, and intuitive design to a nascent industry in which user experiences and interfaces are complex and inscrutable to the everyday person
- A passion for translating complex problems into simple, relatable, and engaging solutions
- An innate understanding of the end-to-end product design process from identifying customer needs, jobs-to-be-done, and pain points to delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Desire to mentor and lead others in building out a design function
- Interest in decentralised applications, and the potential of decentralised finance and decentralised identity
- Proven experience in problem solving. We’re in a very new environment with complexities that will require creative thinking to solve
- Leadership experience in a transformative environment
- Experience in being a strategic partner to engineering, product, and business teams
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Proven experience working with Figma
- Spanish & English fluency a huge advantage
- Competitive salary and company bonus
- 100% remote working (External Employee) from anywhere in the world
- Global WeWork membership
- Flexible working hours – you’re free to work however you work best
- Paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Weekly scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges, and solutions in the blockchain world
- Language courses: English & Spanish
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, and wellness counselling for you and your family
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page