- Job Title Director, Customer Engineering, Pre-Sales
- Hiring Organization Sourcegraph
- Company Website https://sourcegraph.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
As the Director you will lead our exceptional high agency all-remote team of Customer Engineers (pre-sales) within our Technical Success organization. Our Customer Engineers lead the technical sale: they demonstrate product capabilities, qualify technical requirements and fit, guide trials, and support Sales in closing opportunities with prospective customers. This is the team that thrives on showing off the value from the nooks and crannies of our product, lives for giving our customers “aha” moments, and is the main technical point of contact our customers trust during the sales process.
As a Director, you will be responsible for leading our global pre-sales engineering team. As an integral part of the Technical Success Leadership Team, you will also lead multiple key initiatives that directly drive our company-wide goals and enable us to become the de facto code AI platform. In this role, you will:
- Lead the growth of our Customer Engineering organization as we look to make Sourcegraph valuable and accessible to every company
- Refine and scale the core CE processes such as discovery, technical qualification, technical evaluations, and professional services opportunities (where warranted)
- Help manage and develop our team’s ability to lead successful product demonstrations through customer discovery
- Influence prospects towards best practice architecture decisions
- Collaborate with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in-line with client expectations and best practices
Within one month, you will…
- Go through a multi-week onboarding process including training on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Meet our existing pre-sales Customer Engineers and begin the process of forging a long standing partnership with each of them.
- Learn about how we discover relevant use cases, map those to key product capabilities and demonstrate the value of Sourcegraph to customers.
- Dive deep into our existing customer experience – processes, tools, and templates.
- Meet other internal organization leads and begin establishing working relationships.
Within two months, you will…
- Take over direct front-line management of our existing team of Customer Engineers, which includes:
- Doing a regular reviews of each CE’s book of business including technical wins they are managing
- Making technical or strategic suggestions to unblock any issues for CEs and the customers they serve
- Regularly providing feedback to the team to encourage personal and career development, and
- Staying in lock-step with the Sales team to ensure consistent alignment along all customer touch points.
- Based on your observations thus far, make recommendations to leadership for improvement or the stand up of new processes, tools, templates, etc.
Within three months and beyond, you will…
- Place your unique stamp on Sourcegraph by capturing and sharing the innovative approaches you and your team come up with and driving those through the rest of the organization.
- Take ownership of and execute the processes that will enable us to innovate and scale the CE function at Sourcegraph.
- Develop and grow the Customer Engineering team by cultivating a first class team, culture, process, and results. Results can be seen in Sourcegraph growth (revenue and adoption) and customer happiness.
You are an experienced and visionary people-driven pre-sales technical leader who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our organization’s ambitious and technically challenging objectives. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph. If you are passionate about enterprise technical sales, then this role might be a perfect mutual match.
- An excitement for our mission to make it so that everyone can code.
- Direct experience having managed a pre-sales client facing team (eg, Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, etc) that works with a technical product and buyer.
- A passion for driving your vision of success through strong communication skills and the ability to motivate and empower others.
- Enthusiasm to help form the foundation of a new team and new strategy from scratch, and you enjoy working on challenging open-ended problems.
- Ability to work core business hours for US Pacific Time (US West region) or US Eastern Time (US East region).
This job is an M4. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
The target compensation for this role is $253,833 USD OTE ($190,375 USD base, $63,458 USD variable)
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $253,833 USD OTE ($190,375 USD base, $63,458 USD
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page