- Job Title Coding Specialist III
- Hiring Organization Savista
- Company Website https://www.savistarcm.com/
- Remote Locations IS
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Here at Savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial results. We partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
The Coding Specialist III can maintain up to two concurrent client assignments that are short-term in nature.
For each client, the Coding Specialist III reviews documentation to code diagnoses and procedures for inpatient hospital-based claims and data needs. For both professional and technical claims and data needs, the Coding Specialist III reviews clinical documentation to code diagnoses, EM level, and surgical CPT codes. Additionally, this role also validates MS-DRG and APC calculations, abstracts clinical data, mitigates diagnosis, EM level, surgical CPT, and/or PCS coding-related claims scrubber edits, and may interact with client staff and providers.
SAVISTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Assigns either ICD-10-CM and PCS codes for inpatient visits or assigns ICD-10 CM codes, professional and technical EM levels, and surgical CPT codes for physician visits at commercially reasonable production rates and at a consistent 95% or greater quality level.
- Validates either MS-DRG or APC assignments, as applicable.
- Abstracts clinical data appropriately.
- Mitigates either hospital inpatient coding-related claims scrubber edits or professional and technical coding-related claims scrubber edits.
- Tolerates short-term assignments for up to two different clients.
- Participates in client and Savista meetings and training sessions as instructed by management.
- Maintains an ongoing current working knowledge of the coding convention in play at client assignments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- An active AHIMA (American Health Information Association) credential or an active AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders) credential
- One year of relevant, productive coding experience for the specific patient type being hired and within the last six months
- Passing score of 80% on specific pre-employment tests assigned
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page