- Job Title Business Systems Integration Lead
- Hiring Organization Collabora
- Company Website https://www.collabora.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Collabora is looking for an experienced Business Systems Integration Lead to take the responsibility of strategic planning, coordination, development and supervision of all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications and COTS products to meet the company’s business requirements.
This is the lead role of Collabora’s Business Applications Integration team which supports, implements, integrates and maintains specialized applications that support the day-to-day business processes and operations within Collabora.
Working with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Delivery, SysAdmin, People Operations, Finance, Sales and Marketing), you and the team will own and be accountable for the technology roadmap for Collabora’s business systems and applications, driving alignment and priorities across different stakeholders, performing make vs buy analysis, owning the overall stack architecture and employing software development best practices.
What you can expect to work on
As a Professional Services Organization, Collabora uses Open Source Software applications and services to run its business processes (timelogging, invoicing, feedback, project management, asset management, communications, business intelligence…) integrated with other cloud-based commercial software applications. Some of our tools are developed in-house and others are customised from open source projects. Examples of our software applications and tools include: GitLab, Docker/Podman, Grafana, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SuiteCRM, Phabricator, TravelPerk, Xero, SnipeIT, Ansible, and an in-house developed Django web application, amongst others.
Development and integration span Web Front End (some React), Web Back End (Django, Celery), APIs (FastAPI, DRF), Databases, analytics, GitLab CI and deployment automation. Python is the primary programming language, although PHP, Go, JS, SQL procedures and shell scripting can be required depending on the application.
You will be leading the team in designing and enhancing tools architecture, security, applications integration across heterogeneous systems and managing the technical debt, as well as working and liaising with the System Infrastructure team (SysAdmin) to ensure adequate deployment processes and optimal configuration. You will be working across all parts of Collabora to understand their automation needs and opportunities.
Collabora is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications. We, at Collabora, aim to accelerate the adoption of open source technologies, methodologies, and philosophy. Because of this, it is essential that you feel equipped to embrace open source technologies.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.
Key Responsibilities for the Organization:
- Be overall accountable for all IT-related aspects (architecture, technology, support, maintenance, quality, deployment, improvements/enhancements, privacy, security, risk, monitoring and incident management) of a defined portfolio of applications
- Be overall responsible for the governance and oversight of that portfolio of applications
- Efficiently elicit and analyse requirements from all of the internal stakeholders, consolidate and maintain a roadmap, plan the execution with milestones and deliverables, get buy-in from stakeholders and ‘go/no-go’ decision from senior management
- Contribute to application evaluations and implementations
- Propose buy/make solutions to support process optimization and business growth
- Ensure effective systems integration, operation and maintenance
- Ensure the use of best in class software development practices (coding, testing, deployment, security) whilst avoiding regressions
- Remove roadblocks and escalate where appropriate
- Communicate clearly with team members, internal stakeholders and leaders
- Build relationships with all internal parties: communicate, motivate, and inspire team members; gain influence, trust, and credibility within the organization to build and foster collaborative working relationships
- Ensure compliance with company policies, processes and legal guidelines
- Provide simple solutions to complex problems by understanding business requirements and applying application domain expertise
- Ensure all common processes and procedures are documented and easily accessible by all relevant parties
Key Responsibilities for the Team:
- Set priorities (backlog triaging and grooming) for the work undertaken by the team
- Support team members in applying best practices throughout the analysis, estimation, design, development, and deployment of new software and systems
- Ensure team effectiveness, utilization and performance are at high levels
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of team members
- Proven experience in business processes and workflows automation and optimization
- Solid experience in translating business processes into requirements and objectives and into the right technical solutions
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks and practices
- Strong analytical skills, proven problem solver, pragmatic and attention to detail
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Solid experience in designing, building, supporting and managing business critical, data-driven Web Applications in a Linux environment
- Strong understanding of software engineering and best practices
- Experience in systems benchmarking and buy or make analysis
- Experience in connecting business systems and understanding the challenges
- Experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration practices and tooling to support automated build, delivery and regression test of commercial software
- Proven experience in managing relationships with vendors/consultants, IT teams and internal stakeholders
- Experience working with API’s from commercial software applications, such as CRM or ERP systems
- Experience in task triaging and setting priorities
- Good interpersonal skills: outgoing and engaging individual who is effective at building good working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written). Ability to work and communicate in an online, globally distributed environment
- An interest in staying hands-on technically, as well as wearing the team management ‘hat’
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Understanding of BPMN-based diagrams and familiarity with Low-Code/No-Code platforms would be a big plus
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page