- Job Title Backend Test Engineer
- Hiring Organization Ancient Gaming
- Company Website https://ancient.gg/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Allow us to introduce ourselves
Ancient Gaming, an innovative software creator for the future of iGaming, bucks the trend that has lacked innovation for two decades. We’re not trend followers; we’re trendsetters. As iGaming pioneers, we challenge the status quo, crafting not just appealing software but a whole new experience for the younger, high-spending generation seeking to reinvent gaming interactions.
Founded in 2018 in Malta, we’ve become a global presence with 50+ dedicated team members spanning 25+ countries. And yes, we’re proudly remote-first!
Your mission as a Backend Test Engineer!
This post not only outlines our ideal candidate but also serves as an inspiration for what this role can evolve into. Even if you consider yourself an 80% fit but have a genuine passion for this position, we encourage you to apply. We’re eager to hear from individuals who share our enthusiasm. Ancient Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Collaborating closely with our dedicated Backend Development and QA teams to write and develop test suits in order to improve the reliability of our products (including Integration, Unit, and Load tests)
- Creating and maintaining test case documentation in the testing tool
- Reviewing QA Engineer’s test case creation to make sure they follow business requirements
- Independently identifying development defects before items go into production
- Identifying necessary test data to support testing
- Debugging code that has been written to remove any defects that hinder the success of any automation suites
- Utilizing an array of development tools to verify automation effectiveness
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
- CSGORoll: A community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGO players, featuring unique in-house custom-built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing, and PVP. Users have the capability to bet and win Skins in real time.
- HypeDrop: A platform for buying and opening Mystery Boxes in real-time, featuring an unboxing game where people can unbox real-life products and have them shipped to their houses.
- HypeUp: An iGaming brand where users can wager their balance or items from their “Inventory” against other people’s items, such as watches, electronics, sneakers, and more, and can physically redeem their contents upon withdrawal.
- These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules.
- Having at least 2 years of previous experience in Backend Development and Automated Testing (writing advanced Integration, Load, and Unit tests).
- Someone who has previous experience working within the Node.js ecosystem.
- Having previous experience in working with PostgreSQL/MySQL.
It will be good if you have:
- Have previous experience with Redis, as well as Jest or K6 testing suits.
- Have good Project Management skills.
- Flexibility Policy – It’s about giving you the freedom to structure your workday in a way that best suits your lifestyle and responsibilities outside of work
- Work-from-anywhere Policy – you have the chance to work from anywhere in the world, we are a remote-first company and we are proud of it!
- Every year for our team-building we choose a location and go there to celebrate our achievements together
- A dedicated budget to purchase all the equipment you need to set up your home office
- L&D budget for you to develop your skills!
- Spill Mental Health Service – full access to counseling for any employees who need it
- Young, fun, flat structured rapidly growing company with endless opportunities to grow
- A diverse portfolio that includes gamified e-commerce, video game arcade and iGaming
- Entirely modern stack, no legacy code!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page