Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Job Identification: 3000153
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Operations and Administration
- The Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- She/He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Head driver each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Logbook provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head driver immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are always clean
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed.
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms.
- Complete the Motor vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 5th of each month.
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Deputy Head of Administration.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal – Fleet Officer, Fleet Officer, Head of Office, Program staff, Operation Staff, NE staff.
- External – CRS Nigeria Partners and Visitors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Four (4) years professional experience in a similar position.
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of Borno State roads – knowledge of other Northeastern Nigerian, Northwestern Nigerian and Abuja Roads is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate in English Language is essential.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to generate VMS reports.
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluency in English is required. Hausa strongly preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel about 75% of the time within Borno state and all CRS program implementation States.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Good Knowledge of Nigerian roads especially within Abuja and the Northeast is an added advantage.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Deadline: 6th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.