Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The purpose of this assignment is to contribute, facilitate and monitor the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts and with the Senior Project manager.
Scope of Work
- The program officer will work under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager for the IPTI Project and will support the development and implementation of measures to achieve the project objectives.
- Support the development of concept notes, terms of reference.
- Draft meeting agendas, minutes and reports for internal and external activities.
- Organize project activities in coordination with the team lead.
- Support the management process for consultants contracted.
- Support the preparation and and delivery of presentations as relevant for purposes both within and external to the project.
- Participate in project internal meetings and activities and provide support as may be requested and/or delegated.
Monitoring and Controlling (25%):
- Travel within the region and beyond as required to support the implemention of project activities.
- Engage in coordination and networking with other MC programmes, project partners and with other relevant stakeholders.
- Support knowledge management processes within the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years INGO experience in a similar position.
- Excellent project planning, management and monitoring & evaluation skills
- Experience managing programme / project budgets.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptional and organizational skills.
- Proven good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office Package).
- Resourceful and resilient and able to stay motivated in the face of setbacks or during periods of pressure.
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competences as required by the task to be performed in line with measures agreed with the supervisor and management
- Willingness to travel to the field and other programmes offices in Nigeria.
- Ability to synthesise and analyse information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English.
- International exposure and/or work experience in an international company/organization is an asset.
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention eg Health.
- Working knowledge of the local language(s).
- Good management and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2022 at 23:59 BST.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding.