Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Contracts and Compliance Partner (Contract)
- The Partner, Program Contracts and Compliance is a newly created position at the Foundation and comes at an exciting time of growth for the Foundation as it implements its new strategy, Young Africa Works.
- The Foundation is evolving to a new way of working to deliver on our Young Africa Works Strategy.
- This role will focus on implementing compliance programs across various Canadian regulatory areas to support innovative and cutting-edge programming approaches.
- Reporting to the Lead, Program Contracts and Compliance and working closely with the Legal and Compliance, Finance, and Programs teams, in Rwanda, the Partner, Program Contracts and Compliance will implement, and build capacity regarding, a broad range of high impact contracting and program compliance practices to the Foundation.
- They will support the operationalization of the Foundation’s funding mechanisms delivering best-in-class resourcing opportunities for the Foundation’s partnerships.
- They will also deliver the implementation of contract management and monitoring programs to promote the highest levels of integrity and ethics and ensure the Foundation meets its Canadian regulatory requirements.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Implement standardization of contract management and monitoring processes for local partners to align with Canada Revenue Agency, local standards, Foundation policies and project requirements to enable achievement of organizational goals.
- Lead country-level engagement with Finance and Programs to align programmatic realities with contractual and Canadian regulatory requirements.
- Support the operationalization of Foundation’s funding mechanism strategy in collaboration with appropriate departments, ensuring efficient and effective program implementation.
- Support co-creation with internal stakeholders to ensure funding mechanisms effectively facilitate program implementation through the developments of processes and tools to enable successful partnerships.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of an integrated compliance framework to build organizational capacity in support of the Foundation’s reputation.
- Support the continuous improvement of contracting processes and procedures to effectively manage risks associated with program non-compliance.
- Inform and implement initiatives to improve monitoring and program contracting activities.
- Proactively identify, analyze and respond to developments affecting program contracting and compliance activities.
- Support the development and delivery of training tools and e-learning solutions that enhance employee contracting knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide critical support and insight to the development of systems and processes that support efficient and effective management of program contracting and funding.
- Build and maintain relationship of trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
- All other duties and obligations as may be required from time to time.
Who You Are
- University Degree in International Development, Finance, Law or a related field preference for a Graduate Degree (Masters) and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience working with charities in Livelihoods and/or Education, contracting, and/or regulatory compliance, strongly preferred. Similar experience with bilateral/multilateral agencies and international charities will also be considered.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of training formats including experience with e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage formal and informal organizational structures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- A champion of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Results driven; motivated by performance excellence and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team while effectively managing workloads and competing priorities.
- Ability to articulate complex information in a simple manner to a variety of constituents across cultures and time zones.
- Ability to challenge appropriately and voice alternative perspectives and viewpoints.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Must be fluent in English; French fluency will be an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online