Procurement Manager in a New Generation Agro Produce Sourcing Company
Prefer not to state
Dominion Consulting – We are a top Human Resource, Management Consulting, Startup Consulting, Branding and Accounting firm with a vision to growing a global business and building effective and result-oriented people in the workplace. Our multi-disciplinary approach with practical industry knowledge help businesses grow both within and outside Africa.
Over the years, Dominion Consulting has assisted industry leaders in Oil and Gas, Travel, Finance, Edutech, Insurance, Healthcare, and Hospitality to find the right hire/ talent, brand, provide advisory services, solve business issues in a timely and cost-effective manner. We help empower people and businesses alike on a global basis, through the provision of optimally tailored solutions that are targeted to business excellence.
We are currently seeking talented staff, on behalf of our client, a new generation Agro Produce Sourcing company based in Lagos & the North, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: North, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidateis responsible for sourcing and purchasing the best quality Argo produce/ services at the most competitive prices to enable the company or organization to operate successfully.
As a Procurement Manager, you’ll need to:
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products.
- Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Keep contract files and use them as reference for the future.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Manage and motivate a team of procurement staff.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal teams such as marketing, IT and sales, and customers.
- Develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met – or exceeded.
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- Ensure the security and sustainability of sources of essential products and services.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy.
- Analyze data and produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives.
- Keep up to date with trends and innovations, regulation and new technology that can impact on the business.
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers.
- Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Applied Science, or a Related Field.
- Must be fluent in Hausa.
- Must have a large network in the market with local farmers.
- Must have a large network with Blue chip company.
- Must reside in the North.
- At least 5 years experience in Argo product sourcing.
- Good at Networking.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills,
- Superior organizational skills.
- Good Business Instincts, Good Negotiator,
- Financial Analysis Skills,
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures,
- Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities,
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis,
- Project Management, and Enterprise Resource Planning, and General Office Programs), Specialized Industry Knowledge,
Deadline: 21st September, 2021.
Note: Qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview via email and SMS text and must be available to resume 2nd October, 2021.