Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: BHA Project Coordinator
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Level: Manager / Supervisor
Proposed Start date: October 2022
- The Nutrition Programme Manager will be responsible for porridge mum research component including review of secondary data of previous phases of the program, designing and piloting study methods and routine data collection, analysis and reporting through the technical guidance of Health and Nutrition HoD, MEAL HoD and headquarter technical advisors.
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Action Against Hunger, country and international standards;
- Lead assessment, beneficiary identification and implementation of porridge in line with the project proposal and donor strategies through collaborating with FSL and H&N team;
- Initiate and oversee needs and technical assessments and analysis, as well as preparing the follow up reports in coordination with the Project Coordinator, HoD/DHoD Nutrition and Health, M&E HoD/DHoD and DCDs;
- Ensure accurate reporting of activities according to AAH and donors guidelines;
- Resolving problems arising in the teams with the support of team supervisors and, when necessary, in consultation with the HR Manager in the base;
- Assisting with the team members’ routine questions (on technical matters relating to malnutrition) and liaising with the DHOD and or the HOD for technical support when required;
- Sharing information on a regular basis with the Area Coordinator and the Program Managers in charge of Mental Health and Care Practices, Food Security and Livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene in order to promote the development of an integrated approach;
- Develop operational plan for beneficiaries selection in collaboration with FSL team;
- Representing nutritional and health issues at the level of the programme and the geographical area of intervention in state and LGA coordination meetings, meetings with the authorities and visits by funding bodies and partners;
- Finalize the monthly activities reports presented to the State and LGA and Health and Nutrition sectors including 5W matrix;
- Contribute to project donor reporting in his/her project component;
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Nutrition and Dietetics or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM/Porridge mum programming;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Three years relevant work experience in a similar position;
- Experience in M&E, data analysis and Nutrition researches and understanding of processes involved in conducting comparative studies;
- Analysis skills on large data;
- More than two years of experience in implementation of Nutrition projects with CMAM and IYCF components;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Proficient use for statistical software such as EPI-INFO, SPSS is required;
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
Starting Basic Salary
- N812,290 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
Other benefits include but not limited to:
- 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday; 21st September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CareerNews is your best destination for Premium Jobs in Nigeria, Recruitment and Job Vacancies in Nigeria.