Sydani Initiative for International Development is a management consulting firm based in Abuja, Nigeria. With our team of experienced management consultants, we design, deploy, monitor and evaluate impactful programs and interventions to improve the health and social sectors in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Management Consultant – Associate
Reports to: Senior Associate/Engagement Manager (depending on the project team structure)
Job type: Full time
Travel requirement: Up to 50%
- As part of the Sydani team, the Program Associate will work as the project or workstream lead under the supervision of the Senior Associate or Engagement manager (depending on the project structure).
- S/he will provide technical leadership in the development of evidence-based strategies and in the implementation of these strategies towards achieving the project objectives.
- Also, s/he will ensure the timely achievement of the project deliverables and milestones and will be responsible for providing project updates to the client/donor.
- Oversee project design and planning, lead the development of project workplan with clear timelines and deliverables.
- Facilitate project inception meeting with key stakeholders to align on project objectives, scope, and implementation timelines, and routine project check-in meetings to provide updates to client/donor.
- Provide technical leadership in the development of project execution approach and tools.
- Provide on-the-job mentoring to project team.
- Delegate roles/tasks to teammates and provide technical oversight to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables
- Provide technical leadership to the team on the analysis of project data and in monitoring and evaluation of the project activities outlining insights to optimize performance
- Oversee the development and submission of project report in line with client/donor requirements and facilitate project closeout.
- Lead the development and submission of grant applications, and technical response to RFPs or expression of interest (EOIs)
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to pool ideas for developing proposals.
- Develop networks and partnerships to promote an understanding of Sydani’s work and ensure the sustainability of Sydani operations.
- Develop the capacity of the team on responding to RFPs and/or developing proposals.
- Provide support to senior management as needed, with brand representation and management, staff capacity development, and general leadership and oversight
Leadership Development and Performance Management:
- Participate in the Sydani problem-solving, ideation and capacity building sessions including new staff onboarding and staff mentoring program
- Participate in Sydani’s periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members for performance improvement as applicable
- The duties and responsibilities described below are not exhaustive. Additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by business demands.
- For performance management and accountability, the Program Analyst/Associate will work with the Program Associate or Senior Associate (as appropriate) to develop and agree on the program-specific scope of work, results framework, workplan, and deliverables.
- These would inform the development of program-specific KPIs to be tracked, along with the technical responsibilities of the Program Analyst for performance review and performance improvement.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree (First- or second-class upper) from a recognized university with at least 3 years of professional experience in the health or development sector; or
- Desirable: Master’s degree in Public health, Health financing, Health Economics, Health Policy and Management, Health Systems Strengthening, Health Management/Administration, International Development, Business Administration or related fields with at least 3 years of progressive relevant experience
- Management consulting experience is an advantage
- Must be a results-oriented individual with experience in developing and tracking self, clients, and team with clear KPIs.
- Must possess strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and thought-leadership abilities
- Reliable relationship and stakeholder manager, able to promote team building and collaboration
- Outstanding quantitative, qualitative, statistical analysis, data synthesis, and report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency with Ms Office suite
- Fast learner, open to learning and taking feedback from peers, subordinates, and supervisors
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel, work schedule and assignments
What we Offer
- Sydani offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, competitive compensation, generous bonuses, rapid career growth, and the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned consultants and ever-expanding network of industry experts.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online