Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Manager / Supervisor
Reporting to: Operation Support Coordinator
Proposed Start Date: September 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Logistics Manager who will be responsible to implement the logistics policies and procedures of the Nigeria mission to ensure optimum logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs in the field.
- As a senior staff member of Action Against Hunger, the Logistic Manager is expected to have an overall knowledge of the base projects, set ups and their budgets follow-up;
- Contribute to the preparation of project proposals when required;
- Contribute to the preparation and response to audit queries;
- Pre represent base logistic team in the base coordination meeting and to other external stakeholders;
- Check that the rented vehicles are in line with the approved documents and approve the monthly payments;
- Ensure base vehicles and generators are serviced on time and that records are properly kept in appropriate folders;
- Follow-up the fuel consumption and approve the monthly payment for vehicles and generators;
- Liaise with the procurement team and other log team members to facilitate the receipt and dispatch of supplies;
- Ensure that all communication means are working in on the base and sub bases (Internet, HF/VHF, GSM and Thuraya) and that licenses to use them are up to date;
- Ensure by proper supervision of IT Officer that all users have signed a temporary allocation form for all equipment that they are receiving and that the equipment list is updated accordingly;
- Perform regular controls to ensure accuracy of monthly equipment lists consolidated by IT Officer;
- Ensure that all premises meet Action Against Hunger energy safety standards;
- Ensure the availability of all necessary kits in the premises including hibernation kit, first aid kit, etc;
- Ensure that all premises are periodically fumigated;
- Ensure that all new staff receive proper logistics briefing;
- Provide a weekly/monthly planning for the team in the base; prioritize tasks, set deadlines and follow up on tasks requested from team members.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Business Administration or Purchasing and Supply;
- Certification in CIPS, CILT, CSLP, Supply or Logistics desirable;
- Minimum of 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management/ coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work;
- High level of Integrity and transparency;
- Excellent people management skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop staff capacity;
- Strong organization and management skills and ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgment;
- Possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Effective multitasking skills with ability to coordinate and handle pressure/stress well
- Flexible, able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
Starting Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N812,290 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CareerNews is your best destination for Premium Jobs in Nigeria, Recruitment and Job Vacancies in Nigeria.