Logistics Assistant Job at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Assistant – Fleet
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Logistics Assistant-Fleet will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State and report to the Logistics Officer.
- The Logistics Assistant-Fleet will be responsible for planning and managing the fleet (vehicles and drivers), daily trips, organisation of movement and monthly reporting.
The specific tasks and responsibilities includes but are not limited to;
- Supervise the maintenance of all vehicles with the support from the Logistics Officer, Lead Driver and Mechanics.
- Arrange and facilitate the transportation of goods from field base to other bases.
- Ensure vehicles are equipped with necessary documents according to the log book. i.e. safety equipment (fire extinguisher, water, spare tyre, first aide Kit) etc.
- Consolidates the fuel consumption and keeps a record, monitors the current stock and requests refueling purchase in a timely manner.
- Supervise the Guards and daily workers.
- Daily organisation/dispatch of trips by preparing daily movement plan and allocating the drivers accordingly.
- Ensure premises and facilities are in good order, and manage the replacement of damaged items bulbs, switches, plugs, furniture, taps etc
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by the Logistics Officer.
- Planning of vehicle maintenance and service according to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER /Kitlog 3.5V.
- Plan and request weekly car hire movements, liaise with suppliers and ensure the compliance of rental cars according to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER safety and security standards.
- Reports to the Logistics Officer in case of major shortage of vehicles and plan the allocation accordingly.
- Track daily car hire usage in Maiduguri and all sub bases according to approved Agreement Form and submit to Log Manager on weekly basis.
The successful candidate will have;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement or other related field.
- The ability to reside in Mobbar LGA or nearby LGAs
- Good knowledge and working experience with Microsoft MS Office Suite.
- Strong commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- A minimum of one year working experience in logistics or procurement.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, strong organisation and team working skills.
- High level of flexibility and self-motivation.
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies
- Sound knowledge of Action Against Hunger logistics procedures and kitlog
Application Closes on 15th January, 2018.
Free Aptitude Practice Test and Interview Questions with Explanations
- Posted On 2018-01-11
- Location Borno
- Work Hours 0