Lead IT Security Officer at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead IT Security Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and Lead IT Security Officer to join our client in the banking industry. The resource shall be responsible for the following:
- Carry out procedural system maintenance on all IT systems.
- Ensure all networks including but not limited to LAN, MAN, WAN, GAN meets the demand of the company.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Maintain all IT system workflows.
- Maintain and update all IT Networks.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of IT Network.
- Participate actively in developing, planning and implementing advance IT systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead cybersecurity initiatives in conjunction with Group Cybersecurity team.
- Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration tests engagements and manage results to remediation.
- Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
- Design, document, and deploy secure infrastructure solutions to enhance and evolve the security posture of the business to ensure integrity, availability and confidentiality of all critical enterprise data.
- Provide expertise on security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS/IDP, anti-malware software
- Liaise with stakeholders in respect of operational implementation of security policies and best practices
- Collaborate with the Client-Server Team to ensure that technical plans are practical, controls are sustainable, and implementations are managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations and user productivity.
- Implement the infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor security-related events
- Prevent data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the enterprise network.
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities
- Ensure conformance to Cybersecurity Blueprint/Roadmap
- Provide inputs to company strategic plan on all initiatives to ensure that Security gaps/vulnerabilities are identified & closed
- Establish and ensure credibility through strong relationships, value-add to operations and professionalism.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an area of Security specialisation; with experience working with others.
- Interested candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Experience working in a Large organization and preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Experience working in telecommunications industry
- Managing network and / or network security
- Managing end-point security
- Knowledge should be current with information security best practices and global trends
- Knowledge of security best practices such as; defense in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption
- User account identity, authorization and authentication management.
- Strong background as an Engineer / Architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion /extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus / worm / malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms,
- Experience with Microsoft, Solaris, Unix, Oracle and MSSQL
- Security incident and event management
- Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concern.
- Penetration Testing.
- Vulnerability life cycle management.
- Advanced Security Incidence Response.
- Systems Auditing, Database Security, Firewall Design, Intrusion detection system administration Implementation.
- Security enforcement on systems-level, security audit and vulnerability management.
- Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security.
Deadline: 4th December, 2020.