Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead In-house Applications Support
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What Will You Do?
- The Lead, In-house applications Support will be responsible for maintaining and supporting all in-house built applications, tools and utilities to support Airtel Nigeria IT business.
- The role requires strong hands-on in supporting applications written in python, dot net and Java. The lead, in-house applications will be fully responsible for keeping these applications available.
- The Lead, in-house applications will work closely with Airtel business team and related partners in this domain, performing the necessary leadership, keeping the applications in this domain available and supporting daily operations.
The lead, in-house applications Application Support is responsible for
- Ensuring the stability and availability of all the in-house built applications.
- Identifying and supporting implementation of innovative technologies applicable to this domain.
- Leading the automation of extant manual operational processes.
- Managing application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems.
- Proactive monitoring of all applications in this domain.
- Managing the performance of all applications in this domain.
- Managing the data quality of applications in this domain, you will also be required to drive any revenue assurance reconciliations that may arise in this domain.
- Ensuring data security as it applies to all applications in this domain.
- Setting, articulating and overseeing achievement of Airtel Nigeria IT goals and objectives on relevant IT Applications.
- Engaging in standard Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management of the IT applications in this domain.
- Ensuring there are robust procedures and processes within the application support function.
What Will Make You Successful?
- University degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal learning and development
- Minimum 8-10 years’ relevant experience in telecommunication/other relevant industry
- At least 8 years experience in experience in all aspects of providing applications support to users in a very fast paced environment
- At least 5 years experience in supporting python.
- At least 8 years experience in supporting .Net and Java based applications.
- At least 8 years experience in administering Linux and Windows server environments.
- At least 8 years experience in database support especially Oracle, MS SQL, and MongoDB.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Manager, PS Core Planning
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What Will You Do?
- This function is expected to act as the representative for business, technical and other functional requirements in Packet Core solutions to support Mobile Data services.
- The function will define the optimal topology of the packet core network to meet premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next generation Packet switched networks; Also expected to evaluate network design and define best criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the PS core network; In addition would ensure delivery of PS projects to agreed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to realize new business requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/4G Mobile Core Network which includes but not limited to voice and data.
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas into a solution design; where required, research into new technology/features in Telecommunication industry with regards to Mobile Data services.
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to assure optimal data network architecture adapted to local traffic profile, implementation and deployment of key networks systems through the full delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP) specifications
- Ensure that all nodes within the Packet core network are functioning as per the business and network requirements.
- Provide a pathway towards evolving PS Core network in line with 3GPP Roadmap
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and complies with the contractual vendor requirements.
- Coordinate and review Vendor documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Prepare and update network designs to reflect most recent changes in Network architecture/capacity.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all interfaces of EPC related Nodes and add-on solutions – in accordance with network growth and business projections.
- Continuously monitor network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations and performance teams.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
- Periodical audit and optimization of Product-related configurations on the Deep Packet inspection (DPI) node to avoid data fraud and over/undercharging of data services
- Understand the business requirements and impact on data network infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning all expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Plan evolution of PS core network to best industry practices.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaising with Marketing and IT for better understanding of proposed services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Always maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement with both internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Ensuring that Internal Operations and Vendor Team deliver projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost efficient delivery plans of proposed solutions.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
What Will Make You Successful?
- Bachelor’s / Master’s of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering degree / Computer Science
- Comprehensive understanding of Mobile Packet Core from a design, optimization, and evolutional perspective.
- Strong Analytical and Presentation skills
- Knowledge of 3GPP/GSMA standards
- Detailed knowledge of Diameter Routing and Data Analytics platform
- Minimum of 6-8years work experience in large Mobile Network Operator within the PS core domain
- Multivendor experience HUAWEI, ERICSSON platforms preferable
- Hands-on Experience with Ericsson PS core nodes will be an added advantage.
- Good Experience with Project deployment of key network systems from initial design to full operational handover
- A thorough understanding of Network KPIs and their use
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
- Professionalism in delivering daily services
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial in managing challenging situations