Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: KYC Operations Analyst
Job Req ID: 22543498
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Business KYC
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- The KYC Operations Analyst is an intermediate-level position responsible for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) monitoring, governance, oversight and regulatory reporting activities in coordination with the Compliance and Control team.
- The overall objective of this role is to develop and manage a dedicated internal KYC (Know Your Client) program at Citi, as well as to serve as Subject Matter Expert within the KDG area, proving necessary oversight and training to other KDG colleagues as well as taking an active participation in current KDG projects and activities.
- Conduct client profile reviews for customer accounts
- Review all information and documentation ensuring compliance with local regulation and Citi standards
- Update KYC forms and client profiles according to policy requirements
- Review and respond to requests for pending client information and KYC Policy requirements.
- Confirm Country Appendices with no open accounts are still required, in partnership with BCMA.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Lead projects for efficiency gains for the wider utility.
- Act as senior peer reviewer for all record types.
- Follow up with clients to ensure information is received before due dates
- Perform KYC tasks, including monitoring and tracking of the KYC records and Appendix approval process, assisting with the development and execution of action planning for expiring records, and ensuring records are not past due
- Interact with clients in the most effective way to obtain KYC documentation and other compliance information on timely manner and to avoid escalations.
- Interact and act as an escalation with clients, parent account bankers, subsidiary bankers and product partners on AML and KYC-related issues.
- Provide updated client information to the KYC Maker.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of KYC experience
- Practical use of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Good Research skills
- Effective Time management skills
- Results oriented team player with strong initiative and flexibility
- Analytical approach and curiosity factor
- You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team.
- Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities