Cardinal Torch Company Limited was established in 2020 with the objective of transforming the commodity and agricultural trading sector in Nigeria and Africa by engaging in large-scale commodity trading and processing of semi and finished agricultural commodities with a particular emphasis on combined export and local consumption, enhancing efficiency, productivity, and sustainability within the sector.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Technical / Executive Assistant to CEO
Job Locations: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Executive Assistant shall report directly to the President and CEO, in a one-on-one working relationship.
- The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Chief Executive Officer.
- The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison with the Senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- The Executive Assistant must have the right mix of soft and technical skills, along with the necessary experience and education.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports;composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides"gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members,donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Board Support and Liaison:
- Serves as the CEO's administrative liaison to Cardinal Torch's board of directors
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in schedulingmeetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans Communication s,Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the President's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holdersStrategic Initiatives
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the CEO's outreach activities
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the President to donors
- Organize and provide oversight for corporate initiatives and celebrations as requested.
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with peers, members of the Leadership Team, and external partners.
- Develop effective processes to assure efficient delivery of information.
- Provide confidential administrative support including report creation and maintenance,project support, research tasks, preparation of business travel & seminar arrangements, and meeting scheduling, agenda development, expense reconciliation, and minute taking.
- Assist in presentation and report development for Board of Director meetings, and BoardCommittee meetings.
- Assist in the development of corporate communications/correspondence and be accountable for timely distribution of communications (internal and external as required).
- Support senior communication with clients, as required.
- Plan for beverages, lunches, dinners, etc. for meetings as requested.
- Other responsibilities and projects as may be required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
2.) Front Desk Officer
Job Locations: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This post holder would be responsible for all receptionist and clerical duties and offering administrative support at the desk of Cardinal Torch’s main entrance.
- She will be the face of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression made.
- May be the first point of contact for suppliers and customers.
- Ensure cleanliness and proper arrangement of the reception area, equipment,accessories and workstation, where all reception/lobby/workstation technical issues should be routed through the Line Manager.
- Greeting and welcoming customers/staff into the building
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Resolve the basic queries of customers. For this, the receptionist should have some
- basicknowledge about Cardinal’s Torch policies and procedures.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional and friendly manner and redirect to LineManager for support.
- Escalate all incidents, customer/guest issues urgently to the Supervisor for immediatecorrective actions.
- Monitor and order front office supplies when necessary and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records and monitoring of office expenses and costs
- Receive letters, packages, etc., and distribute them
- Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence,check, sort and forward emails,securing parcels etc.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Provide assistance in general administrative activities and any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager on a need-be basis.
Requirements and Skills
- First Degree in any related field; additional Certification in Office Management is a plus
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service attitude
- Female candidates only.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Front Desk Officer" as the subject of the mail.
3.) Procurement Officer, Sesame Export
Job Locations: Abuja, Nasarawa, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Procurement Officer to join our team and spearhead the procurement of Sesame for export from Nigeria.
Sourcing and Procurement:
- Identify and establish relationships with Sesame farmers, cooperatives, and suppliers across Nigeria.
- Negotiate and secure competitive prices and favorable terms for the procurement of Sesame.
- Develop and implement efficient procurement and supply chain strategies to meet export targets.
- Implement and maintain quality control measures throughout the procurement and processing stages.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the Sesame meets international quality standards.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of procurement transactions, contracts, and shipments.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the entire Sesame value chain, from procurement to processing and export.
- Coordinate and manage logistics, including transportation, storage, and handling of Sesame seeds.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with procurement, logistics, and export processes.
- Proactively address challenges to ensure a smooth and efficient supply chain.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proven knowledge and appreciable experience of 5 years or more in a similar role, with a focus on agricultural procurement and export.
- Demonstrated expertise and practical experience in the procurement and export of agricultural products, preferably Sesame seeds.
- Familiarity with the Sesame value chain and export procedures is essential.
- Knowledge of the agricultural field, particularly the Sesame crop, is highly welcome.
- A higher Degree in a relevant field is considered an added advantage.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Proficient in supply chain management and logistics.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work closely with the company's Operations Department and Export Desk.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to ensure a streamlined procurement and export process.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from various departments and stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of local languages e.g. Hausa, Nupe is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: email@example.com using "Procurement Officer" as the subject of the mail.