Job Recruitment at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Results Analyst – Propcom Mai-karfi
Job Ref: req8423
Location: Abuja and will require frequent travel to the field
Job Family: Results Measurement & Learning
Responsible to: Results Measurement Manager
Responsible for: Field Coordinators
- Propcom Mai-Karfi is a six year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid 2018:
- To manage the research function of the Propcom Mai-Karfi programme by collaborating with the Results Measurement Coordinator and Market Managers and Tier Leads in designing and agreeing appropriate research methodologies and information gathering and analysis tools for interventions within the various market sectors.
Scope of Work
- The Results Analyst will be a part of the Results Measurement team. S/he will be responsible for managing and coordinating all the monitoring and results measurement activities for interventions they are responsible for.
- They will work closely with the Technical Team, especially Market Managers, by providing feedback to them on a frequent basis, thereby helping to adaptively manage the programme’s interventions.
- They will also collaborate with them in developing intervention guides and designing appropriate information gathering, analysis and dissemination strategies and tools. The Results Analysts will have the responsibility of managing the day to day activities and performance of Field Coordinators (1-2).
- The Propcom Mai-karfi staff work as an integrated team. Results Analysts will be expected to contribute to other aspects of the programme, such as gender, policy and environmental evaluations, communications etc.
The Results Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with Market Managers to develop intervention guides for each intervention. This includes developing detailed theories of change, business models, MRM plans and support calculations.
- Set up and manage dynamic and adaptive monitoring systems for each intervention that generate high-quality data at frequent intervals. The Results Analyst should be able to analyse large volumes of data generated from this system and derive actionable insights from them.
- Provide regular feedback to Technical Team members based on evidence collected from the field which can then be used for adaptively managing the programme’s interventions.
- Design effective study tools, instruments, methods and plans for gathering information that can inform programme strategies and capture impact of interventions.
- Support Market Managers in gathering relevant information for their various interventions and identifying knowledge gaps where available and developing strategies to fill those gaps.
- Enable the creation of an effective collaborative bridge between Market Managers and Field Coordinators to ensure effective allocation of field work.
- Provide feedback on various reports and data analysis done from various studies to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to the overall programme reports for the donor.
- Work closely with the Knowledge Manager to ensure that lessons learnt from interventions are duly documented and disseminated to a wider audience.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to develop case studies and success stories and ensure that these are disseminated to a wider audience.
- Provide weekly updates and plans to the Results Measurement Manager.
- Develop monthly/quarterly/yearly work plans with other members of the Results Measurement Team.
- Manage the day to day activities and performance of Field Coordinators and handle any issues faced by them on the field.
The Results Analyst should have:
- A degree or similar qualification in Statistics, Economics or any other Social Science.
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing research projects.
- Experience in business development and project management.
- Experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments for monitoring programmes.
- Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel. Advanced data analysis and visualisation capabilities would be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience using the market for the poor (M4P) approach would be of great advantage.
- Knowledge of the institutions and organisations and/or businesses that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria and at the State level.
- Experience or knowledge of relevant Northern Nigerian agricultural markets.
- Previous supervisory/managerial responsibilities within a busy team.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding Hausa is highly desirable.
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical: The Results Analyst must possess good analytical skills and be able to draw out relevant and actionable insights from data.
- Team Player: The Results Analyst must possess good interpersonal skills; s/he must be able to work harmoniously with other team members, build trust and maintain good working relationship with them.
- Management: S/he should have the disciple to proactively manage their own work as well provide guidance to and manage the day-to-day activities of the Field Coordinators.
- Communication: S/he must be able to communicate complex issues in ways that are clear and easy to understand to a non-technical audience, both verbally and in writing.
- Planning & Organisation: Demonstrate an ability to plan ahead of time that is in line with the overall objectives of the programme. S/he should possess good organisational skills to make sure the plans are duly put into effect.
- Problem solving: The Results Analyst must be able to deal with difficult problems as they arise and find ways to overcome those challenges.
- Detail oriented: S/he should be able to pay attention to detail and make sure that data analysis is done to a high degree of accuracy that conform to accepted standards and practices.
Job Title: Market Manager (Agricultural Market Systems Manager) – Propcom Mai-karfi
Job Ref: req8419
Location: Abuja, with frequent travels within the nine states of the Programme and other National
Job Family: Technical Team
Responsible to: Tier Lead
- Propcom Mai-Karfi was a six-year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria is now implementing a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid-2018:
PM is seeking for individuals with experience or expertise in the following fields to drive the Programme interventions and impact in targeted sectors:
- Agronomists, with experience in sales and extension services
- Business Consulting
- Marketing experts with experience in developing rural markets for FMCGs and non-FMCGs
- Agricultural Engineers and Environmental Specialists
- Project Management.
Scope of Work
- With oversight from a Tier Lead, the individual will be responsible for analysing, conceptualising, and implementing business models and interventions that create an opportunity for inclusive growth in select sectors and sub-sectors With the support of State Embedded Officers and Results Measurement team, the Market Manager is expected to implement each Intervention using the Project Management approach, engaging, and disseminating with internal and external audiences in an appropriate and timely manner.
The Market Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Undertake Sector and Industry analysis, as key inputs to designing a business model
- Drive the stakeholder analysis of the selected commodity chains, as well as identify and contact potential agents of change within agreed value chains and/or specific states.
- Carry out business diagnostics and financial analysis to identify causes of business under-performance
- Undertake market research and rapid assessment to identify pro-poor market opportunities
- Design evidence-based business models
- Develop business case and investment pitch for targeted Sector/Markets
Securing Private Sector Partnerships, Market linkages and Enabling Business Environment:
- Pitch viable business models and secure partnerships for scaling Programme impact
- Facilitate investment linkages to market actors to catalyse growth in the sector
- Identify evolving policy areas along with the Tier Lead for each intervention and establish appropriate partnerships and contacts aimed at driving the policy amendment process where applicable.
- Engage relevant actors to drive business reforms underpinning intervention scale-up
Project Implementation and performance management:
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of partnerships including but not limited to grants, Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs), Collaboration Agreements and other contractual mechanisms
- Ensure adequate understanding of field level issues and provide the required support to the inter-linkages of activities taking place in the state.
- Ensure all opportunities to identify and incorporate Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) activities are acted on in the Tier and ensure implementation of relevant interventions is aligned to delivering Climate Smart Agriculture indicators with required field evidence.
The Market Manager should have:
- A degree or similar qualification in Business Development, (Agric) Economics, Agronomy or Agricultural Engineering.
- Work experience in activities related to agricultural commodities / marketing & sales within value chains and rural development, with some experience working with the private sector and confirmed knowledge of the institutions and organisations that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria.
- Experience leading a small team which require a coordination function.
- Experience in developing and supporting the delivery of simple business plans in complex market chains.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Ability to influence a range of people including client organisations, government agencies and other key stakeholders by building constructive relationships through clear communication and generate effective discussion and mutual support for plans and ideas.
- Strong project management expertise, exposure to implementing technical assistance projects, and ability to bring together sector stakeholders would be advantageous.
- Previous experience using the making markets work for the poor (M4P) approach would be an advantage.
- Ability to speak Hausa is desirable Fluent verbal and written communication in English is essential.
- Communication: Confidently delivers tailored messages to various audiences using various media and tools asks insightful questions
- Relationship Builder: Quickly develops trusting relationships with others; proactively assesses and manages trust with others.
- Business-Person: Understands the idea of the marketing mix (the 5 ‘P’s) price /product/promotion/place/people; can gather market info and give advice on marketing strategy.
- Mentoring: Regularly engages with market actors and stakeholders to uncover and identify specific needs.
- Innovator: Tests out new ideas on an ongoing basis; failure encourages greater future effort.
- Political Economist: Critically analyses institutions when required using a visual model, objectively allocating roles and functions.